steamboat, paddlewheeler and river festivals and events
- – every last weekend of June the Augusta Sternwheel Regatta is taking place in Augusta, KY, featuring music, a crafts market, food, entertainment and boat races.
- – Burlington, IA. American Music Festival (no boats).
- – featuring the Great Steamboat Race which was first held in 1963 between the steamers Delta Queen and the Belle of Louisville. In 2001 the Derby Festival added a pre-race called the Great Steamboat Chase.
- – Parkersburg, WV, each August. Entertainment, food, parade, fireworks, rubber duck race, car show.
- – Point Pleasant, WV, each July. Sternwheeler regatta, riverboat cruises, entertainment, food, fireworks.
- – 4th of July Riverfest at St. Albans, WV, with music, food and more.
- – great riverboat meeting and festival at Cincinnati, Ohio (last festival was in 2006)
- , each June. Towboat tours, riverboat rides, music and storytelling, food, river exhibits and more. – Grafton, IL
- – Marietta, Ohio
- – Wheeling, WV, each September. Sternwheeler meeting, entertainment, food and more.
- – Winona, MN, since 1948, parades, live entertainment, crafts (no riverboats).
- – music and art festival (no boats).