The BOONE NO. 7 (#0678) was built in 1935 (or 1937, according to Way’s Packet Directory) and is in operation since then. Originally steam powered and converted to diesel in 1947 she is not in daily operation today any more, but available in case one of the regular ferry boats is out or order. Anderson Ferry has been in continuous operation since 1817. The side-wheel ferry “Boone No. 7” (#0678) has been in operation since 1935. This former steam ferry was converted to diesel in 1947.
For schedules and location of Anderson Ferry, see Steamboat Traveller, Cincinnati.
There also is a beautiful picture gallery of the Anderson Ferry in general at Ohio River Landscapes, www.pbase.com/fishit/anderson_ferry_ohio_river