A steamboating collection goes public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A steamboating collection goes public

Longtime columnist for the QCTimes and an avid river supporter Bill Wundram donated his collection to the Putnam museum when he moved into a smaller place several years ago. Part of this collection will be on display, unfortunately only for a few months, starting Sunday. Needless to say, this will be a must-see for me, although the Midwest Riverboat Buffs visited his home back in the late '70s and got to see it.
    Wundram's collection of steamboat treasures to be displayed at Putnam | Local News | qctimes.com

I guess I live south of St. Louis ;-)

south of st. louis, no wonder I never could find your house. On a serious note it sounds like the collection after its public display will go into dark limbo storage. Hate to see this happen, so sad.

Comment

Yes, that's how I interpret it too..

It sounds like the collection will be stored somewhere out of public view and access. This is the problem I have with the idea of donating my stuff to a museum or library. I realize they don't have enough space to have everything out all the time,(and I don't have a million like Bowell gave to build his room), but it should be accessible to interested parties upon request, and copies of photos shouldn't cost $55, as one place was charging years ago. Bill is also a circus fanatic, even moreso than river, and I think he may have donated that to one of the circus museums in Baraboo or Sarasota...

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
      Working...
      X