Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Reynolds
    replied
    I should say not! We of course expect a full report on Her Majesty.

Leave a comment:

• Judy Patsch
    replied
    Live from the lobby

Since I can't get online in my room, I have to come down to the lobby. Not a shabby place to be...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Judy Patsch
    replied
    Sunset from the pilothouse

Note the illuminated screen showing the river traffic. Unfortunately tonight's traffic included a huge MSC container ship overtaking us at full speed, throwing its huge wake over our main deck and through the galley and boiler room. Vessels are supposed to slow down in the harbor if they cause a large wake, but Cowboy 37 just kept on a trucking. A small harbor towboat was sunk about a year ago by such a king of the road attitude, and had we been such a vessel, it could have happened again. Too bad for this indiscretion, as most pilots are considerate of their fellow pilots and don't pull such stunts.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Judy Patsch
    replied
    Day two

The 11:30 trip, 9 holes of golf at City Park,a shrimp dinner at Deanies by the lakefront, then the dinner sunset cruise. I also made arrangements with Capt. Mike to visit the DQ on Thursday morning. Doc's landline has been out of order, but I got him on his cell phone, yes cell phone, today. He may join me on the DQ junket. Once again I can post only one pix a posting. This is looking back on the city at sunset.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Judy Patsch
    replied
    One more

Here's the boarding line for the 2:30 trip
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Judy Patsch
    replied
    One pix at a time, I guess

Capt. Troy C. Delaney perched watching the boarding line. I'm able to post just one pix a posting on this iPad..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Judy Patsch
    started a topic Live from the levee and the NATCHEZ

Live from the levee and the NATCHEZ

Six months since I've been here, but what a first day! Our approach to MSY was from the east, so we were over the city and I could see the NATCHEZ down bound around Louisa St. I was able to get my bike and golf clubs out of storage, get checked in to my corner balcony room at LeRichelieu, and get over to the boat for the 2:30 trip. What a nice sight, the line went way down the wharf, over 600 on that trip. It has been good this spring, and this weekend they've got 2 late charters for Jazzfest in addition to the regular trips. It was sunny and a balmy 81 when I arrived, but as is my custom, clouds and a cold front came with me - but this cold just meant 70 or so. After an afternoon on the roof, I had small orders of jambalaya, gumbo, and bread pudding at Masperos, after which I waddled back to LeR. My bikes tires needed a big shot of air after being idle so long, so first item today is to use my new air compressor. After a brief nap(I had gotten up at 3:30 for my flights, it was back to Toulouse for the dinner cruise, which I narrated while the Dukes were on break. It being cloudy and cool, I retreated to the pilot house, where I amazed them with my coming into the 21st century with this iPad mini2. The day ended with a glass of Pinot noir on my balcony as I watched film crew trucks parked up Barracks by Doc's, but don't know what it was for. After pumping up the tires and riding to Rouses(the old A&P) for supplies, it will be over for the 11:30 with a new load of cookies - yesterday's were inhaled. After that, maybe golf and then back for the dinner trip. I'm having trouble posting pix, but here's something new or rather updated. It is:
    Attached Files
ADVERTISEMENT
Working...
X