AQ 'rolling' upriver today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AMERICAN QUEEN's new paddlewheel was evident and in full operation today as she cruised the UMR. These pictures were taken around L&D 16 across from Muscatine.

1) Do not take pictures from bridges.. never mind
    2) Hey, this isn't the blistering sun of NOLA
    3) from water level at upper end of guide wall
    Attached Files

1) Big wheel is a rolling.
    2,3) Heading upriver in pool 16 mile 458 UMR
    Attached Files

Comment

What´s this big red thing at the stern of the boat ;-) ?

Good to see the paddlewheel back again!

Carmen

PS: Sorry, another thread where you don´t see all posts unless you´re logged in (and are on hybrid mode).

Comment

So I am guessing that the AQ will stop again in Red Wing on her journey north as we have had very little change in the river levels here on the UMR.

Comment

The AQ departed Red Wing, MN shortly before 5 p.m. today eroute for St. Paul, MN! I'll get my first chance to see her tonight when she nears St. Paul probably around 1 a.m.

Comment

Looks like it's going to be more like 4 AM. AIS shows her just coming around Holman Field.

Comment

Great news that Paddle propulsion is now back! Looking forward to being aboard on October 18 th. Have just finished my 14 day Holiday relief stint on P. S. Waverley.... the last sea-going paddle steamer in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Murrell View Post
                Great news that Paddle propulsion is now back! Looking forward to being aboard on October 18 th. Have just finished my 14 day Holiday relief stint on P. S. Waverley.... the last sea-going paddle steamer in the world!
                What's your position on the WAVERLY? I would really like to make a trip on her or the SHIELDHALL someday, but they aren't running when ever I'm across the pond.

Comment

Hi Frank.

I am one of the Pursers.... although now officially retired I still do some relief work. In fact, I am on tomorrow for the day!

You will find out schedules at waverleyexcursions.co.uk... but of course we only operate between May and October. The Shieldhall (I think they also have a web-site) only runs with a very limited passenger certificate at week-ends.
                  On Waverley, we took 675 passengers to Ilfracombe yesterday, and have a similar number booked for tomorrow. Today is an off-service day in Avonmouth Docks, Bristol.

So it is currently 'all-go' here!

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                  Working...
                  X