No announcement yet.

Locating a part of history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I have noticed this possible difference in actual satellite photo date and copyright date. But try Google Earth instead. It will tell you the actual year the image was taken (same images used by Google Maps). In this case for the Texas Queen it is 2013...

Google recently updated a number of old satellite images from 2005 to 2013. My former boats were still visible here at my landing in the old 2005 images, but Google has new images that were taken in 2013, and boats are gone. Also I can tell the images were taken in late August 2013 by the amount of remodeling completed on the exterior of my house by contractors.

Comment

Now that I know this is the CALDWELL BELLE, I had this extra info in my files on it:

DIMENSIONS
      LOA ................. 74.5' x 15.5' Beam
      Draft ................. 2'
      Engine: 6 cyl Ford Lehman, Model 2714E, yr 1966, 120 hp

For sale in 2012: $173,250
      For sale in 2013: $140,000

Along with photo of her as the CAMDEN QUEEN from 1991.
      Attached Files

Comment

Barazos Queen

You guys are great!! Thanks for the help.
        I left a message on the phone number from the web site. Had a hard time hearing the greeting. Guess we will see.

Trying to attach a photo of City of West Bend.

Comment

Looks like it's still there, hooray

I checked the Google Earth as well. Looks like it has become a permanent entertainment venue, and goes nowhere. When it was running, and I last saw it, many years ago, it was operating out of a landing on the other side of the lake, right next to the freeway. An enormous amount of development has occured on Lake Ray Hubbard since then, due to its close proximity to Dallas. I have seen the boat in both of its Texas locations, but never rode it.

Comment

Barazos Queen

I just found a couple old blue prints. Not the best but original.

I took some measurements as we were building her. They are a little different. Not a big surprise. I've been a builder over the years and 9 out of ten prints including "as built's" are wrong some where.
            Attached Files

Comment

Alan Bates is reported to have said, "There's many a slip between the pen and the ship!"

Comment

Caldwell Belle aka Camden Queen aka City of West Bend

Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone about the Caldwell Belle. She is doing well (although not happy about being in the water in what is now the coldest winter on record in upstate New York).
                This will be our third season owning her and absolutely LOVE HER!!! I want to thank JR for making the trip to Schuylerville with his wife to visit her. I also recognized several names that are on our Facebook page - we appreciate your support!
                If anyone has any questions about her or what she does, feel free to send them our way. :)
                Maria
                Click image for larger version

Name:	sternwheel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	64116

Name:	amazon-cb-bowport.jpg
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	64117

Name:	CBstern.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	64118

Comment

Originally posted by James Rintelman View Post
                  Hi all,
                  I'm trying to find out what ever happened to a stern wheeler. I helped build her in Waco Texas back in the early 70's. It was christened the Barazos Queen and was used as a dinner cruise boat for a few years before being sold and moved to Rockwell Texas.
                  The last info I can find states it was used as a cruise boat there on lake Ray Hubbard under the new name Texas Queen. That's where the trail ends. There are rumors that it went into disrepair and sunk.
                  My wife and I are planing a trip to Texas in March and I sure would love to see her again, the Queen that is not my w--- oh you know what I mean!
                  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                  JR
                  This is what I have collected about her so far: Star of Saugatuck II aka Spirit of the River aka Brazo Bear (Waco, TX) - The Steampunk Empire

Comment

Locating a part of history

iHi Karl Texas Queen Riverboat in Rockwell Texas at Lake Ray Hubbard. Had a phone but was told I could not give out phone numbers on this site. Owner owes Dallas large amount in bills going back 5 yrs. Was told I cannot state the amount on this site. Did 2 hour dinner cruises. Nice picture of the boat on FLICKER other listing says currently closed. Hope this helps.Carole Matthews Pompano Beach Fla 33064 Did not say who currently owns it which is probably just as well as could not give out name.

Comment

Texas Queen

Originally posted by carole matthews View Post
                      iHi Karl Texas Queen Riverboat in Rockwell Texas at Lake Ray Hubbard. Had a phone but was told I could not give out phone numbers on this site. Owner owes Dallas large amount in bills going back 5 yrs. Was told I cannot state the amount on this site. Did 2 hour dinner cruises. Nice picture of the boat on FLICKER other listing says currently closed. Hope this helps.Carole Matthews Pompano Beach Fla 33064 Did not say who currently owns it which is probably just as well as could not give out name.
                      Did I criss-cross my boats between name changes?

It looks like the Texas Queen was up for sale(?)

Vintage Custom 50 039 Side Wheeler Paddlewheeler Once Owned by Baylor Houseboat | eBay

Comment

locating a part of history

Texas Queen Re your post Texas Queen.Saw the one on e-bay and it did not look like same boat.The one I saw on Flicker is a dinner cruise riverboat. I am not familiar with the other one having never seen it till today. Perhaps someone on the site can be of assistance and sorry I was not more help,Karl an good luck with your search.Carole Matthews Pompano Beach Fla 33064 If you pull up Texas Queen Riverboat the dinner cruise information comes out.And on Flicker a picture of the dinner riverboat comes forth.

Comment

FYI

The Brazos Queen and the boat on Lake Ray Hubbard are not the same boat. That Baylor boat is not either one of the above, and I never knew of it until now.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                          Working...
                          X