A sunny day at the landing, DQ and Bennett's launching a cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sunny day at the landing, DQ and Bennett's launching a cruiser

I thought some of you might enjoy seeing this picture of a sunny day at the landing.

The truck looks to be lettered "Bennett's" and was launching or hauling a wooden cabin cruiser with a KY registration number. Click image for larger version

Name:	DQ Ohio 4x6a_edited-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	68508 50s or early 60s?

The marine operator's name is too blurry to read well. Was it Bennett's or something else and where was it? (This original pic was very faded and crooked. I corrected it a bit.)

Ed Jones

That would be Dee Bennett's truck, from Bennett's River Terminal at Madison Indiana. The photo was taken at Madison's public landing. Bennett's landing is about 2 blocks upriver from there.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I figured many of you would know it immediately! I would have loved to see river scenes daily while growing up! Wasn't possible in Atlanta.

Ed

Comment

The photo is from the 60's. It was taken during a year that the DQ won the race with the BELLE as the golden antlers are up on the roof. Also the eagle on the pilothouse's front is mounted above and on the nameboard. By 1970 it flew under the nameboard.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X