Happy Birthday to Chief Kenny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday to Chief Kenny!

A long and two shorts of the whistle today in tribute to the 70th birthday of Chief Engineer / Howard Steamboat Museum board member Kenny Howe. It has been my pleasure and privilege to know Kenny since the late 1960's when I first started playing the calliope on the Str. BELLE of LOUISVILLE.

People don't come any finer than Kenny Howe! Happy Birthday, my longtime good friend, and may you have many more! Keep rollin' on the river big guy!

Image - Left to right: Chief Engineer Scotty Viegas, Capt. Alan Bates and Chief Kenny Howe on the engine room guard of the Str. Natchez at Louisville, Ky in November, 2005. Photo by (and courtesy of) David Tschiggfrie.
    Attached Files

Happy Birthday, Chief! It was such a pleasure to meet him last summer while working on the BELLE. what an interesting man, and a helpful one too. I say that because I often hear about him helping out over at the Howard, especially with the new Collections Facility. A New Orleans harbor salute to you, sir!

Comment

Happy Birthday to you. Hope you are having a GREAT day.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Chief Kenny!!

Carmen

Comment

Sigh! Guess I'll hafta put some water in the boiler and blow a harbor salute on MISS BLEW! Wow, you're gonna catch me one day. I gotcha by nearly eight years but the percentage is getting smaller every year!! Happy BD Kenny and many, many more! Cap'n Walnut

Comment

Happy Birthday Chief! Matt Dow speaks of how generous and helpful Kenny is, if not for his voluntary assistance down in Chattanooga we would not have been able to successfully steam up the engines and roll the paddlewheel on the two occasions that we did or have been able to play the calliope this year as he helped me replace the regulator prior to the 4th of July celebrations this year.

One of the finest men I have ever met and I'm thrilled to call him a friend. I sure have learned a lot from just being around him.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Chief, the unsung hero of any steamboat.

Comment

*Birthday greetings to Chief Kenny Howe! Think I know how old you are and I've got a biggie coming my way in late March--and I don't mean 60 or even 65. OUCH! Continued best wishes and thanks for all the great work you do at the Howard Steamboat Museum. Greetings to you and the family.

R. Dale Flick
                Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.

Comment

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday Chief Kenny. No way can you be 70. You are the youngest 70 year old that I know.

Comment

Add my best wishes to all of the above. Happy birthday Kenny!

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                    Working...
                    X