AMERICAN QUEEN upbound again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMERICAN QUEEN upbound again

The AQ is at L&D 16 now, noon on Monday, on her second upbound UMR trip. They should get a beautiful view of fall leaves, judging by what we have around here. If you want to catch her on the L&D 15 webcam, it should be about 4PM or a bit later, depending on traffic. The new Corps lock website doesn't show traffic in the area to know if there will be a delay. I'll be on the lockwall with the standard cookie delivery - I'll miss the next Davenport stop due to being in Oregon...

She's making good time

I got the chance to talk about the AQ to a number of people both at L&D 16 and 15. At L&D 16 I was visiting with a couple about the boat when suddenly I noticed I had an audience of the entire viewing platform! When she left 15 at 5 pm I expected to have about 4 hours before she arrived here but with little river current she was here at 8:15. Barely got the bonfire and torches lit. We heard some verbal greetings from the decks, but no acknowledgement from the pilot house this time.

Comment

Suzanne, I always thought you'd make a great Riverlorian! Well, in this case - a Locklorian.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
      Working...
      X