the AMERICAN QUEEN in Davenport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the AMERICAN QUEEN in Davenport

It's been four long years, but the AMERICAN QUEEN is back in Davenport. She arrived at 4:10AM today, Sept. 25 and will leave at 5 PM. Obviously it isn't a day for cruising down the river. They have a superduper shore tour to the Amana Colonies, which is about an hour and a half inland. Here are shots of her approaching and landing at Oneida St. this morning. I didn't sign up for golf league today so I could run errands for the crew, but situations down at church are going to have me there most of the day - I'll bail out at least to see the departure, and hopefully hear Travis on the calliope.
    Attached Files

AQ landing at Davenport

More pix of the 4 AM arrival today
    Attached Files

Comment

AQ landing at Davenport

and at the Oneida St. landing all stop at 4:10AM
      Attached Files

Comment

A Question

Beautiful picts, Judy. Do you ever sleep?

Comment

the answer

Not lately.........................

Comment

Sleep?????

Lexie, "sleep"?????? Not for many of us when there's a riverboat in town! The AQ passed by our house at 12:37 a.m. By that time, I was the only one tending the lights, torches and bonfire at the river's edge. Got a greeeting from the boat via a couple of flashes from the side light. She was so beautiful all lit up in the darkness as the moon looked on overhead.

Comment

Sleep????

It was pretty much a rhetorical question.

Some very few things are worth losing sleep over. A river full of steamboat is one. I can't think of anything else, though.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
              Working...
              X