AQ in St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AQ in St. Louis

Hi Folks. There is an article on the arrival of the AQ here in St. Louis on one of the local news channel web sites. Nice pictures, but a sign of the times as you read why the article was published.

Authorities search world's largest steamboat for explosives in St. Louis | KMOV.com St. Louis

Sensationalism at its best

And if you read the article very carefully, it says it was a SCHEDULED inspection - in other words nothing newsworthy but the TV station had to do an ESPN-type spin... I guess just showing the largest steamboat and only operating overnight steamboat now operating arriving in St. Louis for the first time in four years wasn't enough of a story......sad... but as BB always said, ''Bad publicity is better than no publicity." I don't know that I agree with that now, seeing how the 24/7 media can make a mountain out of a molehill and have its followers believe it regardless...

Comment

Yes, sensationalized "news" reporting. Why was it a scheduled search, anyway? So, not the best news story, but at least some viewers will know that steamboats are once again visiting St. Louis. By the way, the QOM's first visit didn't show up in the news very well either. I can't find the online article, but I do remember seeing something on TV. I believe that it was a story that was river related, but unrelated to the boat itself. But it was mentioned and shown briefly.

Comment

Before anyone spins off into outer space on this ..... I was there. I was working on board. It was more of a training drill for the Coast Guard than anything else. They had us all report to the Grand Saloon so as not to be alarmed about the activity, which did involve dogs. Nothing to see here, folks, show's over.

Paul

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X