The Jacob Strader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jacob strader

hello ,we are on the Delta Queen now and been on her many times...asking Mary to find one of my ancestors Steamboats...his name was Jacob Strader. I am in the DAR with my ancestor named Christopher Strader, Jacob's brother. When we were on the Delta Queen a few years ago, we saw the beautiful painting by Dorothy Frye of Jacob's steamboat. We found this link and was wondering if you could email us any information please.
    Our email address is: tjmlw@cfl.rr.com
    It would be wonderful hearing from you...my mom, Dorothy Louise Strader is now 100 + years old, living in Columbus Ohio. She would be thrilled to find out more .
    Thank you so much,
    Blessings,
    Tom and Marlene Walters
    1522 Frontier Dr.
    Melbourne Fl.
    321-243-0263

Comment

Since we're sort of on the topic, how about a tangent? What boat is generally accepted as the first Western-rivers type sternwheeler?

Comment

Dale, where are you when we need you?? The Straders were big in the US MAIL LINE in Cincinnati. There are several listings in Way's Directory for steamboats owned in by Jacob Strader including the giant JACOB STRADER itself. There should be a ton of info in the Cincinnati Inland Rivers section of the library. Jacob was also involved in railroading. Didn't see listing for Christopher Strader.
        Cap'n Walnut

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X