MQ nondismantling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen This....?

Workers tearing down Mississippi Queen riverboat | WBRZ News 2 Louisiana : Baton Rouge, LA |

Comment

Yes, Sam, there was asbestos in the Delta Queen. During one of the quarterly inspections in 2007, one of the inspectors in Louisville decided the Delta Queen could not leave for her next port until the asbestos was removed. We were able to get it completed rather quickly, as I recall.

Comment

What a shame

My wife Julie and I cruised on her back in 99; we had the time of our lives. I have many videos of her insides, pictures and things that were hung on her walls etc and many times on those videos my wife was hurrying me asking if I were going to film the whole boat. My response was we may never get here again. Wow am I glad we have those now.

Comment

Sadly, my father died of lung cancer and he didn't smoke. But everyone around him at work did. Therefore, I have a much greater likelyhood of developing cancer from second hand smoke than air-borne asbestos, which is probably the case with almost anyone who has been around the last 40 years or more and doesn't smoke. Fortunately the smoke has cleared the last 20 years or so, so maybe there's hope, and I will live to be 100.

Comment

MQ Video

Ron, you should preserve those videos on DVD if it hasn't already been done.

Comment

videos

Yes, as soon as I find a place that can convert it to DVD I will. There are 10 video tapes and each one is 2 hours long. Shore tours are included in that though.

Comment

Videos

Ron, sent you a personal message

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                Working...
                X