No announcement yet.

Any Suggestions to Improve the Steamboatin' Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My suggestion for the exterior, is to get the boat to look like she did in this picture.

American Queen | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

In my opinion, seeing that docked at a rivertown would attract so many people to the riverfront and increase interest in booking a cruise. Also, you could have banners hanging over the handrails with phone numbers, and website for GASC.

I disagree with the removal of flat screen TVs. I know many past passengers and steamboat enthusiasts could care less about the TVs, but many passengers might want that option. Not having anything like that in the rooms (so passengers could watch the news... ect.) might turn some people away. You could have a channel with a moving map showing the boats location and speed at all times like they do on large cruise ships. It would be a way for passengers to see where they are in relation to a particular river town.

-nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick-Taylor View Post
      My suggestion for the exterior, is to get the boat to look like she did in this picture.

American Queen | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

In my opinion, seeing that docked at a rivertown would attract so many people to the riverfront and increase interest in booking a cruise. Also, you could have banners hanging over the handrails with phone numbers, and website for GASC.

I disagree with the removal of flat screen TVs. I know many past passengers and steamboat enthusiasts could care less about the TVs, but many passengers might want that option. Not having anything like that in the rooms (so passengers could watch the news... ect.) might turn some people away. You could have a channel with a moving map showing the boats location and speed at all times like they do on large cruise ships. It would be a way for passengers to see where they are in relation to a particular river town.

-nick
      Could we at least lose them in the ERB?

Paul

Comment

I have it on good authority they intend to remove the blue paint. Now I've just got to figure out how to juggle my vacation time off from work to include riding the AQ, visiting the DQ, riding the SPIRIT OF PEORIA and TWILIGHT and getting to Atlanta to visit my soon to arrive first grandchild!

Comment

The gleaming WHITE AQ...

If you check out the GASCo website, the picture of the AQ has been doctored or photoshopped or whatever you call it. She is all-white and has the port of Memphis TN. painted on her stern! BUENO instead of MALo!!!!!!!

Comment

With the stock market so volatile, it makes me worried about spending that extra dollar. I hope that GASC has competative pricing. I know an American flag ship is going to require higher pricing from the start, but don't use MAL's smoke and mirrors illusions. What I mean is that the 2007 minimum rack rate pricing for a seven night trip in what was an inside room with upper and lower berths on the MQ and a possibly obstructed room on the DQ with upper and lower berths was $4000.00. What were they smoking to think a room less than 90 square feet would command such prices? Then they advertised two for one pricing. Please don't insult our intelligence. Even the $2000.00 was too high for the product offered. GASC might offer a product that is worth $2000.00 a person for a week; that remains to be seen. There are lines that do. I've heard that Oceania does along with Disney, and from personal experience I would say Cunard and Celebrity do depending on the room. In my opinion HAL, NCL, and RCCL do not. I sure hope GASC will too.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
            Working...
            X