No announcement yet.

S&D REFLECTOR is a Holiday Hit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's worth the wait. I didn't get in early Friday night, so didn't get it all read at one time, but finished it yesterday. Good job!

Comment

My REFLECTOR is at home and I have not had a chance to read it yet. I will tell you this, though: You need to go to Sons and Daughters of the Pionee and read "the rest of the story" entitled "A Letter to the Brethren" concerning Streckfus operations in 1928. Also included are editorial comments by Capt. Doc Hawley, Annie Blum and Capt. Alan Bates. It is fascinating!

Comment

David: Got my copy of Reflector a week ago but been busy writin' river an Boone County history stuff for Boone County Public Library so just finished readin' the Reflector...GREAT! I put the exclamation point in for emphasis but it was really no surprise to me. With Judy, Alan, John...even Jesse et al and you to stir the pot. Keep it up. Four degrees F here this morning and my two little steamers are hibernating in the boat house (barn) Cap'n Walnut

Comment

OK, OK David: You guys up there just gotta get a grip on the weather...it's leakin' plum thru down here to Kentucky! Cap'n Walnut

Comment

Cap'n Walnut, it ain't too good over here on the Indianny side of the river either! The Howard Steamboat Museum is CLOSED today and I expect the Rabbit Hash Shipyard is idle as well?

Comment

Keith: The shipyard is not closed till we get the order out for Fred Laidley...old Fred can be like that. He's threatened to send Dale down here to stir things up when heaven knows we're stewed up enuff a ready. His order for a half-dozen Weaver yawls for half-price is about half-done...havin' trouble gitten the paint on in this weather! Clifford bought 400 gallons of water-based paint and its done got a bit stiff in this weather. Mebbe we outta get us onna them there GeeOthermal heatin' systems like they's doin' there at the Howards. The fire under them paint cans is gittin pretty fierce...sumpin might happen soon! Stay warm! Cap'n Walnut

Comment

Psychic editor

Guys, didn't you notice the emphasis on winter and ice in this issue of the Reflector? Don't you think the new editor might be a bit psychic - or just the fact that his hometown of Dubuque annually gets snowed under...

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                Working...
                X