Family history help request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family history help request

According to family history my grandfather, John Everett Hall, was the chief engineer of the snagboat E. A. Woodruff from the late 1890's until his untimely death im June of 1910. Prior to this I was told that he was a chief engineer in the packet boat trade between Cincinnati and New Orleans. The family history I have is very sketchy and I would appreciate any more information if available

John
    finding a river engineer is hard. only with luck do they show up. I am guessing you have most or all of John E's genealogy. If not I have dug up some, in 1900 he and wife and two kids were living in Newport City, Ky. In 1910 Emma was living in Newport but the census taken 18 April 1910 says she was a widow.

On 23 Nov 1897 John E Hall got his 20th issue as a chief engineer # 10643 at
    Cincinnati. and on 13 Nov 1907 he got his 22 , 22 issue of a Chief Engineers license #38057 at Cincinnati. They must have counted all the up grades as he was born in 1870.

Comment

Carl -
      Thank you for your information. The history agrees with my meager family records but the license data is all new. His date of death that I mentioned was based on a local newspaper clipping.
      John

Comment

Carl -
        I dug again into family history and found that I was in error with the death being in June when it was truly early April of 1910 which agrees with your census finding. However his date of birth was listed as May 17, 1858 which conflicts with your license information.
        Thanks again and sorry for my error - John

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X