Seattle Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seattle Queen

I just saw a photo on a tugboat site of the former Elizabeth Louise, apparently alive and well on Lake Union in Seattle WA as the Seattle Queen. She looks unchanged. The site is Fremont Tugboat Company Scroll down through the photos and you will come to it. The caption says that she recently came down from Ketchican AK. Thats all I know at the moment.

I found her website, www.queenofseattle.com, and, boy, am I glad that she's operating once again. I'm sure we all wish her the best of luck and financial success.

Comment

Frank, neat website. But did you notice the picture on the right is of the JULIA BELLE SWAIN?

Comment

Confused

John, I clicked on that link and I can't find a boat that is called the SEATTLE QUEEN on that page. There is boat they say came from Ketchikan, but it's named something else. Frank, your link is to a completely different boat, an excursion boat the QUEEN OF SEATTLE, correct? And Bob, you sure spotted the JBS - why would they use that when it is so obvious that the gingerbread is not on their real boat? Of course it is prettier, but truth in advertising....

Comment

Bob, I noticed the exact same thing...that is definately a picture of the JBS. I immediately thougth "Wow, that boat is very similar to the JBS." Then after looking more closely at the Queen of Seattle, I realized that she has none of that trim/gingerbread. Oh well, at least they know a beautiful boat when they see one.

Comment

I sure did notice the the JULIA BELLE right away. How anyone could miss her gingerbread and beautiful lines is beyond me, and I suspect because of those lines and curlicues that is why the QUEEN OF SEATTLE website uses her pic.

The QUEEN OF SEATTLE is the old ELIZABETH LOUISE that ran in Sacramento and until recently as the ALASKA QUEEN in Ketchikan. She has the machinery on her from the COP-R-LOY/DETROITER and before that the W.F.SMITH.

There is another steamboat that runs out of Seattle. The VIRGINIA V. is a wooden hull screw boat with a vertical steam engine. She is owned by the non-profit VIRGINIA V. Foundation. BTW the V is the Roman numeral 5. See Welcome to the Virginia V

Comment

Judy,I went to the www.fremonttugboatco.com website again. Scroll down through the photos. The Queen of Seattle will be the 46th photo from the top (I think) The caption for the pic refers to the name as Seattle Queen. However, close examination of the photo reveals the name on the bow as Queen of Seattle. I didn't notice that last night. I shouldn't do this stuff so late at night. By the way, there's lots of West Coast tugboat photos on there, both full size and model. Interesting site.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
              Working...
              X