No announcement yet.

Mississippi Queen memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More photos found! July 27, 1976. Mississippi Queen Inauguration in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Attached Files

Comment

Original Housekeeping staff on the bow of the boat as we entered Cincinnati on that day. Executive Chef Reed Grobin is in the last pic.
      Attached Files

Comment

I believe that these photos were taken the first time that the MQ met up with the DQ, with celebrations. The ever present Vic and Ma Tooker.
        Attached Files

Comment

Our olympic size pool (about the size of a hot tub), on the Sun deck.
          Tugboat Kate Tully, that was forever by our side during so many breakdowns.
          A view within the pilothouse.
          Attached Files

Comment

Ah, the good old days. When Steamboats were run by steamboaters, the company made money and you had a pretty good idea of whether or not you had a job. Must have been nice.

Comment

Does anybody know why the MQ's stacks don't have any feathers in these pictures? She looks weird...

Comment

President

Why is the president black next to the paddle box?

Comment

No Longer Afloat

The President was dismantled and moved to a site in Illinois, I think, and there it remains, as far as I know. It was supposed to be reconstructed. It was featured in an episode of Mega Movers.

Comment

Like the Old Stuff

Without going into intangibles, I worked 2 weeks as mate and 2 weeks as pilot on the MQ. I found the MQ to be a better boat than I had expected. Piloting it was much easier than horsing around the old DQ. That said, I really didn't mind the "primitive" conditions on the DQ because of its intangible allure. One can always adapt.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                    Working...
                    X