I made a new sign for the DQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made a new sign for the DQ

I was bored today, and took a picture from the front of the Delta Queen's pilothouse, and put a new nameboard up featuring the Majestic Line logo, and the name Delta Queen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...dq_newsign.jpg

click link to see the pic...

Huge improvement...understated and elegant...

Comment

Good job Nick. That looks much better.

Comment

Adding a gold eagle under the words would finish it off.

Comment

Make DQ name larger

I would make 'Delta Queen' larger, put it on top, and reduce the size of the MAL logo. With or without my changes, your idea is MUCH better than what is there now. If you look at my recent photos of the American Queen, you will see how they've incorporated the corporate logo into the existing boat, er, ship.

Comment

Here is a new one...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...q_newsign2.jpg

Comment

These are great, but I think the DQ deserves a carved nameboard, like she had out here in California. They're just "Class"! And we know the DQ is one classy lady!
              S'
              David D.

Comment

Do you mean like the words "Delta Queen" in an arc?

Do you have any pics of the DQ's nameboard from then? :)

-Nick

Comment

Just a straight carved wooden sign, classical and fitting. Here's a pic from the 1930s taken on San Francisco Bay, and you can plainly see the signboard.
                  And I think a fitting addition would be an american eagle below it! There you can put the "Majestic lines."
                  But then that's just my opinion! :)
                  S'
                  David D.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The nameboard pix are posted already

Nick, look at the pictures I posted in the DQ Signage thread. There is the nameboard, and also the eagle, which she carried here on the Mississippi System in the 60s, 70s, 80s.

Comment

The nameboard pix are posted already

Nick, look at the pictures I posted in the DQ Signage thread. There is the nameboard, and also the eagle, which she carried here on the Mississippi System in the 60s, 70s, 80s. I tried to repost it here, but Picasa wouldn't let me. As I said in that posting, she carried 3 nameboards, one on the front and one on each side. The eagle was only on the front.

Comment

David, see the exact thing you are talking about in my DQ Signage thread. I posted a pix of her pilothouse signage the way it was back when I was riding, and it would fit your wishes exactly!

Comment

I saw that Judy, but needed something the system would allow to be posted here! Plus, I think the original might have been a bit larger than the later one?
                          Of course, the one thing missing in both is the antlers!!! We wuz robbed! :)
                          S'
                          David D.

Comment

Here is another new one...

My favorite so far... :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...q_newsign3.jpg

Comment

Great sign; now the smokestack

Numbers 2 and 3 would pass in my book. Because they are so good, MAL is probably not interested. Keep up the good work, though.

Now, what can you do to make the thin, "drinking straw" of a smokestack look a little more husky? I've always hated the new one and preferred the old one. I know that the original California-based DQ had a tall thin smokestack, but not as cheesy as the current one. Maybe your version could actually stand up straight. The current DQ one often can't do that.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                              Working...
                              X