Another Howard Steamboat Museum Event!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Howard Steamboat Museum Event!

The Howard Steamboat Museum & Mansion will sponsor an ANTIQUE APPRAISAL FAIR on Tuesday, July 11th from 6:00 until 9:00 PM. The cost for appraisals by antique experts is $8 per item or 3 items for $20. All proceeds benefit the museum.

For further information/reservations call the museum at 812-283-3728.

Howard Steamboat Museum & Mansion
    1101 East Market Street
    Jeffersonville, IN 47131-0606

THANKS!

I visited the Howard Museum, across the interstate bridge from Louisville, when I went to cruise on the Belle. It is really well done. The staff was very knowledgeable and courteous. The tour is the way to go. It is a real thrill to see the arches and doors from the famed Robt. E. Lee. Yet another good reason to make the trip.

Thanks to the staff for a great visit.

Comment

Glad to know you recently visited the Howard Steamboat Museum and enjoyed it. Thanks very much for touring the museum and for your complimentary remarks! Please come back again, as in the near future we will be converting the back porch into a new visitor reception/gift shop area. The kitchen (currently the gift shop) will be restored to its look prior to the March, 1971 fire. Also on the back porch will be a mock steamboat pilothouse interior, featuring the BIG pilotwheel (half will be below the floor) of the towboat NORTHERN, as well as engineroom bells, etc. As curator of steamboat collections/exhibits I have been planning the re-arranging and "refurbishing" of the displays on the second floor. We'd be delighted to have you as a member and there's information about membership on the website at www.steamboatmuseum.org. Again, thanks so much for visiting our museum and I'll convey your kind comments to the staff.
      Last edited by Keith Norrington; 08-14-2006, 01:57 PM.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
      Working...
      X