first view of the DQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I saw the DQ

I may have seen it when I was under age 10, but the first time I really remember seeing it was when I was 10 in 1969, when my whole family drove my grandparents to Cincinnati to board for their first cruise on her (to my knowledge it was their first cruise). After that I waited patiently and then was rewarded with my own first cruise on her in 1972. That was a fabulous trip, a treat from my grandparents to my whole family plus one cousin of ours. Three years later I met my wonderful husband to be, Bob Reynolds. I was only 16 then, and now we are married 36 years this May. What a wonderful life we have had, large credit due to the Delta Queen! Long live the Delta Queen!

Comment

First DQ Sighting

I wish I could have seen her earlier, but my first time with her was at the 2008 Great Steamboat Race. I watched her paddle by at Kingfish, and heard her calliope for the first time before the race.
      ML

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon Reynolds View Post
        ...Three years later I met my wonderful husband to be, Bob Reynolds. I was only 16 then, and now we are married 36 years this May. What a wonderful life we have had, large credit due to the Delta Queen! Long live the Delta Queen!

I knew it, and there you have it! Bob robbed the cradle!!! ;-)

Comment

trying for a picture...

The picture of the boat is a scan of an old slide I took with my brand new Pentax ME Super. Of course I didn't know F-stop from bus stop so every pictures I took that day was awful.
          Attached Files

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
          Working...
          X