No announcement yet.

So, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Delta Queen remains at her berth in Chattanooga.

Comment

Delta Queen Found

Thanks Wesley We appreciate your finding the DQ. I thought Mayor Burke had kicked her out like 6 months ago an Marcus Lynn we found her.Thanks Someone must be paying for the dockage?Chatanooga has not been too happy she was there I gather.Carole Matthews larcr@msn.com Pompano Beach Fla 33064

Comment

DQ whereabouts

Carole, Wesley didn't find the DQ - there was no finding to do. People just didn't answer your posting quickly, and Wesley did respond. Please don't jump to conclusions and post things like the DQ has disappeared. That won't help the cause.

Comment

Re Delta Queen an Judy Patches message

Judy Did not mean to infer the DQ had disappeared an sorry if anyone was offended. Marcus Lynn said he could not find it for weeks an searching on the internet was to no avail as I spent several weeks also searching for it. I was however surprised to see it was still in Chatanooga as at one time tbe mayor there wanted it towed out.No offense was meant as I care for the iconic boat very much an it would make me so happy to see it back in service. Perhaps you have seen my posts on the org.site stating how I will keep fightihg for her if it takes all I have got. Sorry again to offend anyone we meaning myself an Marcus Lynn just wanted to know where it is.Carole Matthews Pompano Beach Fla 33064 larcr@msn.com Judy Have a nice Xmas. excuse my spelling

Comment

Merry Xmas to all

Have a great Xmas an New Years and a fantastic 2015 from Carole Matthews of sunny and warm Pompano Beach Florida 33064 and may I say once again I am so happy to be a part of the steamboats.org site. larcr@msn.com even though I occasionaly say the wrong thing an get my self in hot water so to speak and 3 cheers for the iconic an wonderful Delta Queen and here is hoping for the best for her an Bill S2924 in 2015.Bye. And 3 whistle blows.

Comment

Carole,
              As Far As I Know, that bill has died, the numbering system will assign any new bill a new number--until we know the number, no need to keep pushing the old number--there is, of course, a chance that I'm wrong and have had too much cylinder oil!!
              :)
              Oh,and Merry Christmas to all!
              Steamcerely,
              David Dewey

Comment

David Dewey an Delta Queen

Sorry David I do not have the new bill number so will it be assigned when Senate resumes in January? Did not mean to keep pushing the old number so I goofed again an please forgive the error. Merry Xmas Carole Matthews Pompano Beach Fla 33064 larcr@msn. Seems I keep getting in hot water so to speak when I post but I love the steamboats.org site an will keep trying till I get it right. The S 2924 was the last number I was given an was told it replaced S 1022. Sorry again.Re your message.

Comment

Carole,
                  Well, of course you get into hot water when you post here--it's a STEAMBOAT forum; can't make steam without some hot water!! :)
                  And now it's Christmas Day, so Merry Christmas all!!!
                  Steamcerely,
                  David D.
                  PS Carole, my posting about the bill wasn't aimed at you, but for all us folks working to get our beloved DQ back on the rivers!! We need all the help we can get!!

Comment

David Dewey an the Delta Queen

Thanks David, I agree. I am fairly new with the steamboats.org site so I will be careful what I say so as to not ruffle any feathers but I do think its a great chat site an have over 50 posts. Guess a new bill number will be assigned in January 2015 when the Senate reassembles.By the way Marcus Lynn and I were looking for the DQ as we were not sure where it was an I had spent countless hours on the internet in search of it. Well according to Lesley Paulson its sitting in its berth in Chatanooga sort of waiting an the Congressional decision.Guess I should have asked steamboats.org first as took abot 6 minutes to find out.My sincere apologies to Judy Patsch she thought I said it had disappeared.HA Not likely for a 285 foot National Treasure riverboat to disappear. Merry Xmas to all again. Carole Matthews Pompano Beach Fla 33064 larcr@msn.com Bye. excuse spelling PS When the DQ gets back into service I plan on being among the first in the Inaugural Cruise as although the other riverboats are fantastic the DQ is an will always be my favorite one, Three cheers an 3 whistle toots for the grand old girl.excuse spelling Bye again.

Comment

Delta Queen and 2015

Happy New Year everyone and Save The Delta Queen Riverboat in 2015 from Carole Matthews Pompano Beach Florida 33064 where it is 76 degrees an sunny today December 27 2014 larcr@msn.com PS That rhymes Save The Delta Queen in 2015.BYE.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                      Working...
                      X