X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judy Patsch
    replied
    Not between the buoys by any means!

Very interesting Jerry. I'm afraid I'd need a bigger roof over my head and some indoor plumbing though. You certainly cover a lot of territory and I'm sure those guidebooks will be very popular.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Hay
    replied
    If anyone would like to see a brief trip report of this Cumberland/Tennessee River trip, go to:
    River Books & Programs -> by Jerry Hay

Leave a comment:

• Bill Wiemuth
    replied
    Thanks, Jon. Hope to see you and your dad again soon.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Tschiggfrie
    replied
    My apologies, Bill. Not sure what I was thinking making that post. The comment's been deleted.

We truly enjoyed ourselves immensely in Chattanooga. Like we said aboard the boat, we feel the DELTA QUEEN is very fortunate to have you around. We hope to get down that way again soon. Good luck with all your adventures, and long live the DELTA QUEEN!

Leave a comment:

• Bill Wiemuth
    replied
    Jon, it was nice to meet you and your dad and I hope you have a great research trip. Glad you visited the Delta Queen. I was forwarded a link to your post by one of the current operators and thought I ought to provide some clarification. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding but all I was referring to about the stern was that a series of Delta Queen owners including American Classic Voyages, Delaware North, and Ambassadors International (Majestic America Line) have respected the boat's historic connections to Cincinnati and retained the "Cincinnati, Ohio" across the boat's stern. The current operators in Chattanooga continue to show their commitment toward the preservation of the Delta Queen. Neither Mr. Slome nor Mr. Phillips (current operators) ever told me they wanted to change the name on the stern of the DQ. I have never told either of them they would be "lynched" if they did change the name. Thanks for letting me clarify and sorry for any misunderstanding.

Leave a comment:

• Wesley Paulson
    replied
    Still Port of Cincinnati?

Does the splash board still list Port of Cincinnati? Or will she be changed to Chattanooga?

Wesley

Leave a comment:

• Phillip Johnson
    replied
    Bow shows 8 ft, stern shows almost 10, they're still working on getting her trimmed out now that she's not carrying her usually fuel and water supplies.

Leave a comment:

• Judy Patsch
    replied
    Sitting high

That side view really shows how high she sits when not loaded with fuel and water. Too bad you can't see the draft mark on the bow, but it sure isn't 9 feet now, probably more like 7.5?

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Hay
    started a topic DQ at Chattanooga Photos

DQ at Chattanooga Photos

On a recent river trip up the Tennessee River I had planned to stop over at Chattanooga and visit the Delta Queen. The problem was that there was a river festival going on and no place to dock my boat. Bill Wiemuth and I were going to get together but our phone tagging did not time out right so I needed to head out for Knoxville. I did get some pictures of the DQ to share. She is looking very good, but of course would look much better underway.
    Attached Files
ADVERTISEMENT
Working...
X