No announcement yet.

Now it's official: DQ goes to Chattanooga, temporarily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow David, I can't imagine how I missed that! Does the elevator connect all decks, or just the main and cabin?

Comment

Hi Greg,
      Well, I didn't ride in it, but I saw it on under hull deck (by entrance to the theater in the bow), main, cabin, and I believe texas. Don't know if it goes all the way to the sun deck, I dont recall seeing an entrance there--but it might be, as it would be about in the same area as the old "behind the pilot house" crew quarters, and I know that cross-cabin hallway is still there, as that's where you enter the deluxe pilot's cabin quarters.
      Hmm, I'll have to browse through my photos again.
      S'
      David

Comment

But counter that argument with all the antique planes offering rides. Surely a ride on WWII bomber is more dangerous statistically than the DQ. Two years ago I saw one of these at a local airport, and there were pools of oil on the tarmac below the engines! They were selling rides to the public for I think $250.

Comment

I'd agree that flying in an antique airplane may be more dangerous than staying overnight on the DQ. But, with a radial aircraft engine (aka flying oil leak) you should be more worried if you DON'T see oil on the ground under the engine. That could mean that they need to add oil. It's the nature of the beast; they drip oil.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
          Working...
          X