Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm,
    I cannot log in to comment, but two things here;
    1) We finally have a 'quoted price" for the DQ--IMHO, WAY overpriced.
    2) Who would want a lease under which you could have your "hotel" yanked from under you with little notice AND a hotel with rooms that are the size of closets? Also NO elevator, one must climb stairs to get to rooms, to get to eating area, etc.
    Don't get me wrong, as an operating steamboat I have NO problems with any of these "limitations" -- We usually take the smallest rooms on the highest deck, and climb stairs up and down many, many times a day--Ohhh--caliope playing, quick, gotta get there--oooh, lock coming up, gotta go down and watch the deckhands--hey, Kite flying, gotta go up and do some!-- they're serving WHAT in the Olreans--later guys! --Pat is having a half-off sale, gotta go! etc. etc. (anyone who's seen me onboard already knows this about me!).
    Also, unless one does some major alterations to use shore power, you're going to have to operate everything with the on-board systems, more expense.
    So, while I think it would be great to have the boat in some use, I really don't see the practicality of it.
    S'
    David D.

Comment

I totally agree with you David! If you are already a member at cincinnati.com you should be able to log in to comment. If not, it is easy and free to join. You see I did. They need more of these pro DQ comments coming in at its former home port of Cincinnati. Keep the blog going! You might also mention something in my Steam Whistles group to get the members writing in. I've already made my posts on both groups. I've also got one going on Facebook.

Originally posted by David Dewey View Post
      Hmm,
      I cannot log in to comment, but two things here;
      1) We finally have a 'quoted price" for the DQ--IMHO, WAY overpriced.
      2) Who would want a lease under which you could have your "hotel" yanked from under you with little notice AND a hotel with rooms that are the size of closets? Also NO elevator, one must climb stairs to get to rooms, to get to eating area, etc. David D.

Comment

The Cincinnati Enquirer article appears to conflict with the reported coming movement of the DQ under it's own power to Chattanooga. Does anyone know the true facts on this? I certainly tend to believe folks on here more than anyone at AI and newspaper reporters get their facts wrong more often than they get them right.
        -Jim Herron

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X