X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daniel hood
    replied
    well doneJim

You did a great job on those vids the one of the DQ at sunset made me cry .

Leave a comment:

• Bruno Krause
    replied
    Incredible...the clarity is wonderful. Love the delay of sound on the whistle when she left Cannelton. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Don Culver
    replied
    Now I know...

I wondered what tree branch you were hanging on to that morning at Cannelton. Great video. Thanks for posting it!

Leave a comment:

• Ted Guillaum
    replied
    Great videos. Thank you for the Cannelton Lock. Those views are very familiar to me and in my prejudiced opinion about the most secnic lock & dam on the Ohio River for photographs.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Schiffer
    replied
    Jim: Splendid videos! Liked the last one best; Into the sunset... Cap'n Walnut

Leave a comment:

• Jim Herron
    started a topic DQ at Cannelton L&D 10/25/08

DQ at Cannelton L&D 10/25/08

Here's are links to two more video clips from the DQ's last cruise.

Delta Queen at Cannelton Lock & Dam on Vimeo

Delta Queen's last night with passengers on Vimeo

In the first one, she's locking through at Cannelton, IN. I was about a mile away on a hill on the KY side of the river. There was a historical marker there that described Capt. John W. Cannon, who built and raced the "Robert E. Lee" with the "Natchez" in 1870, and that he was born in the valley below. It makes a nice contrast and opening for the sequence.

The second one is the departure from Memphis on Oct. 30th as she made her final overnight run. The next morning, passengers departed and she was officially out of service. As she turns into the sunset, the river is almost still. A crowd of well wishers waves and the calliope plays The Tennessee Waltz and Dixie.

These are on Vimeo, not You Tube. I went to Vimeo because it allows me to post a higher quality video than YT. You may need a high speed connection to view them.

-Jim Herron
ADVERTISEMENT
Working...
X