Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Sward Charlton
    replied
    Tom Price, please check your private messages.

Leave a comment:

• Mary Sward Charlton
    replied
    Wesley has graciously offered to run more papers back and forth. But I am reminded that the best thing to do now is CALL the White House--the docents who answer the phone will actually be rubbing elbows with the President in the next days, and are amenable to listening to your personal stories. I don't care if an executive order is or is not legal--I'll take my job back anyway I can; I loved it too much!

Leave a comment:

• Mary Sward Charlton
    replied
    Tom, please send him the Delta Queen crew video, Jonathan's video, the safety sheet, phone numbers of all of us who can give him some inside info--our BIGGEST PROBLEM is getting to people who have the ability to change things. We have been working all this time to be able to find a way to personally change the minds of people who have the ability to make a difference in this issue, and if you think you can get ANY of this into his hands directly through those old connections, please, shamelessly exploit them! I've spent many $$ overnighting things to producers of TV shows, just to bring our boat to the attention of the American public. And it has not worked yet. So, go to it, and good luck!! I've said what I wanted to say on Fox, on Good Morning America, in numerous interviews--and rarely, does it show up. We need an in.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Price
    replied
    I grew up in the block next to Jay when he was Govenor, he built us a basketball court next to the Mansion so we could play ball with his kids, my Mother decorated the Mansion with antiques that Sharon Rockfeller picked out from our antique shop. I will send him a message.

Leave a comment:

• Ted Guillaum
    replied
    Thank you Wesley. I just sent him an e-mail message through his web site and it seemed to go through even though i do not live in West Virginia. Here is my message:
    Dear Senator,
    Congratulations on your appointment to the Chair of the Transportation Committee. You are probably already aware of the campaign to save the Delta Queen steamboat that travels the inland rivers of America and includes ports of call in West Virgina. There is a bill before the Transportation Committee that is vital to the continued operation of the Delta Queen. The Delta Queen requires an exemption to the Safety of Life at Sea law that was written in 1966 for ocean going vessles. It has been a routine exemption for this riverboat over the years but has been held up this time because of safety issues perceived by some. The Delta Queen has an 80 year history of safety and today has incorporated all the safty devices and systems that are practical. It is inspected several time a year by the Coat Guard and passes with flying colors. There are about 200 jobs directly at stake on the boat as well as the economy of many small river towns where the Delta Queen visits including West Virginia. We are not asking for any government money to rescue anyone. The only cost to the government will be the paper and ink required to sign the exemption. Please allow this bill to be heard in you committee and send it to the floor for a vote.
    Additional details can be found at www.save-the-delta-queen.org
    Thank you and congratulations,
    Ted Guillaum
    Last edited by Franz Neumeier; 12-17-2008, 05:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Wesley Paulson
    started a topic Jay Rockefeller is New Senate Transp Chair

Jay Rockefeller is New Senate Transp Chair

The Washington Post reports that Jay Rockefeller is the new chair of the Senate Transportation and Commerce Committee. Sen. Inouye has moved over to Appropriations Chair. I wonder if we have any hope of a legislative exemption now?

Wesley
ADVERTISEMENT
Working...
X