Can election help the DQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can election help the DQ?

I haven't been around this forum lately, so this has probably been talked about but I was curious if somehow Oberstar isn't reelected could that mean the Delta Queen could get her exemption? I found this site, Issues scroll down through his issues, and you will see saving the Delta Queen is one of them!

LONG LIVE THE DELTA QUEEN!

Nick,

of course it'll help tremendously if Cummins defeats Oberstar, meaning Oberstar can't chair the Transportation Committee any more. But let's face it: It's very hard to defeat people like Oberstar who had been re-elected many times before and are holding a strong position in the House.

Franz

Comment

Cummings beating Oberstar looks pretty slim.

And even if Cummings did beat Sir James, another powerful, senior representative...a Democrat...would likely be named the new Chairman of the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. And we all know how stereotypically the Democrats feel about the unions...

Sez the Democrat, born in Pittsburgh, that has no remaining love for unions, go figure...I'm pro-nuclear power, too, so I'm an anomoly.

If Cummings beat Oberstar, it couldn't hurt the Delta Queen's plight. But with the Democrats in control of both houses of Congress, I doubt if Cummings would be a factor...other than one more positive vote, one less negative vote toward the exemption.

But then again, some Democrats have come out in favor for the exemption, including Obama...should be interesting.

Comment

What a shame McCain didn't get on the DQ bandwagon and do two things that might have generated some good publicity: 1-did a tour of the Heartland by rail, speak from an open platform rail car & 2-while on a rail tour of the Midwest bring out the plight of the DQ as being thwarted by a Democrat!

Comment

I could never figure why Rush Limbaugh didn't jump on this issue, isn't he from from Cape Girardeau? Perfect fodder for him.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
          Working...
          X