Final Whistle Salute to Cincinnati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Whistle Salute to Cincinnati

There is still hope that this was not the Delta Queen's final whistle salute to Cincinnati. Let's not stop fighting for our beloved boat.

Here are some pictures Tom schiffer and John Fryant took from MISSIE yesterday when the Delta Queen was leaving Cincinnati, her last scheduled stop at city this year.
    Attached Files

and some more pictures, again taken from MISSIE by John Fryant and Tom Schiffer when the Delta Queen was leaving Cincinnati yesterday.

The first two pictures are self-explaining; picture no. 3 shows Tom Schiffer (far left side) taking pictures.

Thanks Tom and John for the pictures and for documenting these heard-breaking moments.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here are more photos by cincinnati.com.

You might see some familiar faces of .orgers :-) (Hi, Jim, Linda, David, Pat T, Barb H, JoAnn and more)!

And hereĀ“s the article.

Carmen
      Last edited by Carmen; 10-22-2008, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Although I've been on the DQ many times, Tuesday afternoon was my first time aboard Missie. It was a trip of mixed emotions; sad to see the DQ leaving Cincinnati for perhaps the last time and happy for my first trip in a real steam launch. We made some really close passes by the Queen and I was very dissapointed to see her big sternwheel in such sad looking condition. A thorough cleaning and new paint are badly needed! I realize it is nearing the end of the season, but they used to keep the wheel in much better shape at all times.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X