DeltaQueen.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeltaQueen.com

Has anyone else noticed that Ambassadors let the www.DeltaQueen.com domain name expire?

Hi Mark,

I admit I know little about how this stuff works, but my research shows that Delaware North still owns the domain name and it expires 2010-05-19 @14:21:30.0

Click on this link

WhoIs Search Results

Paul

Comment

Paul,

It is interesting to note that David Giersdorf owns Majestic America Line

Makes one wonder if he couldn't re-brand another company with the name with out the permission of Ambassadors. If he owns the domain, couldn't he feasibly own the corporate name as well?

I bring this up because the old DQSCo name is still property of DNC. They could re-brand another cruise line in a minte with that name....and so could David with MAL.

Just food for thought.

~Travis~

Comment

I think the explanation for all this is as follows: Majestic America Line didn't buy the whole company from Delaware North but just some assets, i.e. mainly the boats. Delaware North didn't sell the company's name "Delta Queen Steamboat Co.", they did keep the rights on "Riverlorian" and obviously also didn't sell the domain name. Most likely reason for this is that DN was asking too much money for the company name etc. and Majestic at that time didn't see much value in these assets.

For why David Giersdorf still owns the domain name majesticamericaline_dot_com: It reads "GIERSDORF, DAVID - ATTN: MAJESTICAMERICALINE.COM", so he doesn't own this domain name personally but just in his function as president of Majestic; hence he can't do anything with this domain without violating the rights of Majestic. I suppose they just forgot to change the domain registry entry.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis Vasconcelos View Post
          Paul,

It is interesting to note that David Giersdorf owns Majestic America Line

Makes one wonder if he couldn't re-brand another company with the name with out the permission of Ambassadors. If he owns the domain, couldn't he feasibly own the corporate name as well?

I bring this up because the old DQSCo name is still property of DNC. They could re-brand another cruise line in a minte with that name....and so could David with MAL.

Just food for thought.

~Travis~
          Also interesting, Trav, is the place the Giersdorf family name holds in all of this since his dad, Bob, WAS the American West Steamboat Company. He designed the Empress of the North. She was built with the kind of V hull needed to navigate the Southeast (?) Passage to Alaska.

With all that's happened over the past couple of years, it's easy to forget "the little company that could" that was American West. During my time there, while I missed DQSC, I came to appreciate them too. The Mississippi River system has it's own kind of beauty but the "Oh My God!" factor was much more present between Seattle and Juneau.

Two different companies, two seperate and wonderful products. Why oh why did they have to mess it all up? One overall company could have owned them both and let them just be themselves. Competing still, but under the same corporate flag. At the risk of incurring corportate wrath, I used to wear my DQ tie and suspenders on the first day of each Empress cruise, knowing I'd run into some PSSOA member along the way. They could have co-existed and even cross promoted. It would have made so much more sense.

But what do I know? I'm just a guitar player.

Paul

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
          Working...
          X