Fox News Films DQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fox News Films DQ

Heads up to all DQ fans--Fox News Channel spent all day on the boat yesterday while we were in Cincinnati. They plan a 2-3 minute story, tentatively airing this Friday on the 6 pm news. There may be snippets throughout the day. This is the NATIONAL news channel. It is a great opportunity for national exposure! If I hear there will be a time change on the airing of the show, I will let you know via this forum. Mary

Thanks for the news on this news, Mary. Did they interview you, and is the focus of the story on the SOLAS exemption renewal?

Comment

Yes, this is a SOLAS story. They interviewed Vicki Webster, John Weise, Captain P.T. and myself, and shot a LOT of film. I don't have a clue what they will use. They plan to get a quote from Congressmen Steve Chabot and James Oberstar, as well. I won't get to see it, since we don't have FOX on the boat!

Comment

Hopefully, someone will put it up on the board here so it's available to you.

Comment

Just got the news that, barring a major breaking story, you can see it on Fox News Channel - Special Report with Brit Hume this Friday, July 16, at 6:00 p.m.

Comment

I'd like to suggest that anyone who reads this contacts everyone you know to watch the show. Have them email, write or phone the show, expressing their feelings about the situation. These things get tracked. I hope that this will trigger more letters to our government officials, too--but we can't forget how important it is to write the show, as well.

Comment

Email address for Brit Hume

Here is the email address you should utilize

special@foxnews.com <special@foxnews.com>

other FOX email addresses;

FOXNews.com comments write to foxnewsonline@foxnews.com;

For FOX News Channel comments write to yourcomments@foxnews.com

Comment

Done. That was a very positive sement-- well-done. Thanks to both you and Vicki Webster. You gals did a great job. Vicki and I worked closely together on the first SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN, circa 1970. Thanks for being there. Cap'n Betty would be proud.

Comment

For all of us in God's country (read that as in the boonies, three miles from East Bejesus, amongst the wildlife, without cable TV even being offered/available, we're thankful we have electricity) a link to the video would really be appreciated once it becomes available. As of 7:38 PM EST we don't see anything on the FOXNEWS website concerning the DQ...

Thanks!

Comment

The video IS available at foxnews.com, but I don't know the exact URL address. You can however get to their breaking news video pane by going here: Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Comment

Jon, It is now on your site

Comment

Hi Mary and everyone,

FYI, I've just posted two versions of the video on my site for those who haven't seen today's Fox report -- one is a larger file (for broadband users) and the other is smaller (better suited for dial-up users).

You can reach both links at (bowenbooks.com/Video/fox-dq.html)

Click Here to Go to the Page

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the link Charlie...nicely done piece.

Comment

When is someone going to challenge Oberstar's misleading statements about the Coast Guard?? He's mislead congress on this, and everyone else when he talks about the DQ. And what a self-absorbed, pompus, er, ah, well this is a family list. What makes him think HE should be the one to "protect" the American Public!!!
                            This is so frustrating, but at last we have made one national forum.
                            S'
                            David D.

Comment

David, you and I both know the only thing Sir James wants to protect is his wallet. This guy wouldn't know safety if it jumped up and bit him in the butt...special place in Hades for him and his kind.

I have become so disillusioned about my government...

Has Fox ever run a piece more than once? If we plead and beg?

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                              Working...
                              X