Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Herron
    replied
    Also, I just mailed a donation to Michael Cummins campaign for Oberstar's seat.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Herron
    replied
    The newly posted video clip on YT where comments can be left was done by someone called "MNMuseTube". If you go their YT user page, you'll find that they have posted 78 video clips on various subjects by several MN politicians. If you select "most discussed" on the page, it loads the clips from those with the most comments first. Guess which one tops the list....That's right, Oberstar's DQ speech with 10 comments so far (and counting). His rating is a very poor 1 star (the lowest rating). Why not add yours today?
    YouTube - MNMuseTube's Channel

Leave a comment:

• Bruno Krause
    replied
    I posted two comments also...don't forget to rate the video! And you can go back to the original oberstrmn08 Youtube, the one you can't comment on, if you click on the video author's name in the upper right corner (i.e. oberstrmn08) you can send the video author a message! Now my message to Sir James will not probably go anywhere far, but it was SUPREMELY satisfying.

Leave a comment:

• Jo Ann Schoen
    replied
    Thanks! I posted my comments again. Just remember to turn the sound down so you don't have to listen to his rantings again!

Leave a comment:

• Richard Weisenberger
    replied
    YouTube - James Oberstar: Delta Queen
    Here is another Youtube video we can add our comments to.

Leave a comment:

• David Dewey
    replied
    Ah, the plot thickens!! good bit of research there!
    S'
    David D.

Leave a comment:

• Franz Neumeier
    replied
    An interesting side-remark on this: John Weise found that there is a towboat with the name "JAMES L. OBERSTAR".

Now guess who owns the boat and has the boat named after the ill-famed chairman of the House's Transportation Committee. Right, the boat is part of Walter Blessey Jr.'s fleet ...

Leave a comment:

• Shipyard Sam
    replied
    Bravo to you, Aaron! What a great response you made to Mr. Blessey's comments in the WWJ. A better letter couldn't have been written. Franz also made appropriate comments worthy of note.

For those who do not have access to the Journal, and to add to the historic record that this website has become, I would recommend that Mr. Blessey's letter (with permission, of course) and the two responses, cited, above, be reprinted within these hallowed pages.

Leave a comment:

• Lexie Palmore
    replied
    And he is most assuredly denying use our inaliable constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness.

Leave a comment:

• Jo Ann Schoen
    replied
    Good One, Franz! ;-)))

Sure gave me a chuckle.

Leave a comment:

• Franz Neumeier
    replied
    Well, then Mr. Oberstar's status as Representative and Committee Chairman needs to be repealed, too; to speak in Mr. Blessey's words. Oberstar is definitely not within "laws and regulations" with his behaviour but is mis-using heavily his political power connected with his status as Representative and Chairman of the Transportation Committee.

Leave a comment:

• Lexie Palmore
    replied
    Yeah, right, and I guess he ALWAYS drives within the speed limit... What a cop out!

Leave a comment:

• inactive user 01
    replied
    Here is the response I got from my e-mail on the Blessey Marine website:

"We have laws and regulations to follow. If one is unreasonable or unrealistic, it needs to be repealed. Otherwise, we need to abide by same. The practice of giving exemptions makes a mockery of the law."

--Walter E. Blessey, Jr.

Leave a comment:

• inactive user 02
    replied
    Shipyard,

I would love to see nothing less than the return to glory for the ol gal! I like YOUR politics here!

~Travis~

Leave a comment:

• Shipyard Sam
    replied
    Ain't the Ole Greene Line

Hopefully those with at least some degree of influence, similar to what Walter Blessey, Jr. commands on the river, will respond to the WWJ in support of the DELTA QUEEN and set the record straight.

And wouldn't it be great if the boat ended-up in the hands of the right river folks who love the DELTA QUEEN and want to restore her to the glory she enjoyed when the Greene Line house flag flew from the jack staff ?

Leave a comment:

ADVERTISEMENT
Working...
X