Connecting with Oberstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting with Oberstar

There may be a way to reach Rep. Oberstar directly via You Tube. Lookiing at the page with the DQ "speech" on it, you can click on the blue OberstrMN08 next to his picture on the upper right. That takes you to his profile page where you'll find an option in the connect with ObrstrMN08 box to send him an email.

Or, you can just click here: http://www.youtube.com/OberstrMN08
    to get to his profile page. It appears that he personally has this account.

Mr. Oberstar can't delete comments on MY blog!

Let's post comments to Mr. Oberstar's video at a place where he can't delete them! I've put the story in a blog entry here on steamboats.org where you can post your comments: Rep. Oberstar deleting negative comments on YouTube.

Also, if you want to do more than that, send a message to Mr. Oberstar's Youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/outbox?to_user=OberstrMN08 At least he (or one of his staff members) has to delete these messages one by one within their Youtube account. Maybe they'll even read the messages. Othern than on his website he can't filter out only the e-mails coming from Minnesotans there.

Comment

How about posting a copy of Oberstar with interuptions refuting each of his lines on youtube; do it right, and it will come up instead of Oberstar's version when folks search!
      I don't have the connection nor software to do this, but I'll bet some of you do!
      S'
      David D.

Comment

David,

Done already :-), see here

Rep. Oberstar’s manipulatory tricks in his Delta Queen speech on the House of Representatives

Carmen

Comment

The biggest issue that I see (youtube-wise) is how prominently his video appears in YouTube's rankings. In fact, when you look at other videos, his always shows up, too.

I'm not sure of their ranking system, but I would assume that it's based, at least in part, on keywords. I.e., the metadata (description) of his video contains the phrase, "Delta Queen" so many times that his video nearly always pops up. The number of views might also have something to do with it; i.e., the more people visit it, the higher its search rankings.

My suggestion -- for any other Youtubers out there -- is to upload as many Delta Queen videos to YouTube as possible, provided that you have previously unposted videos, and use the phrase, "Delta Queen" a whole lot in your descriptions (but don't over-do it).

This would have the effect of pushing his video farther down the list, and hopefully, keeping it from showing up at the top of the Delta Queen list each time.

Comment

Carmen, I meant ON youtube, where many will see it, I would suggest following Pat's suggestion and used the words "Delta Queen" many time in the decription.
            So, anyone out there with video editing experience who can create a balanced video??
            S'
            David D.

Comment

Pat,

I have done my part with a few videos today. And many uses of the neme Delta Queen!

~Travis~

Comment

Thanks! It seems to have worked. The Oberstar video now appears much farther down the list, at least on the list I see.

I shot a LOT of Delta Queen video footage on the evening of June 1st. I hope to have at least the first part posted on YouTube by the first of the week.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                Working...
                X