Updated List of Cities Passing Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, David, Jo Ann & Marion:
    Glad you got the news, David, about the resolution from Cincinnati. I attended the 'Tourism Committee' meeting the day before in Council Chambers but they had a 'glich' with not enough attendees for the quorum needed under the city's 10:10 rule. It was addressed the next day in full City Council meeting. Not much said about it any of us could find here. The media attended with cameras the day before but nothing to report on or take video of. One member of the committee said, "I hope I'm in as good shape at 80 as the DELTA QUEEN is now." The people I met were very kind and courteous.

Cheers and thanks,
    R. Dale Flick

Comment

Thanks to Jim Armstrong's latest success (Pittsburgh), our local resolution list now stands at 29. See my edited posting of 12-4-07 (above) for the complete list.

You will notice the conspicuous absence of anything below Grandview and Keokuk. What is the story down there? Does anyone want to step into the breach?

Dave V.

P.S. (2-7-08) And Madison, IN makes 30.
      Last edited by David Vrooman; 02-07-2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

We have one below Grandview! Actually, we've had one for a while: Paducah passed a DQ resolution on Nov. 13. And we have 2 more from out in Tschiggfrieland: Burlington and Wabasha.

The list now stands at 33.

Comment

Natchez (our first Lower Mississippi resolution) and the Kentucky House of Representatives came through last week. The local resolution count now stands at 36.

Dave V.

Comment

Jim Armstrong has found 3 more: St. Paul (a biggie), and Ashland and Catlettsburg, KY. The resolution count now stands at 39.

Are there really 100 out there? If you know of any not on my list (see page 1 above), please post it; Rep. Chabot finds a comprehensive list helpful.

Dave V.
            Last edited by David Vrooman; 03-18-2008, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Way to go Mr. Armstrong! St. Paul is a BIGGIE! Congratulations!

Comment

Jim gets credit for discovering it, but I think that David and Jon Tschiggfrie, Tom Hawkins, and Forrest Wilkinson -- and others I don't know about -- were the leaders in getting it passed.

Dave V.

Comment

Evansville, IN, has passed a resolution yesterday.

See here

Evansville City Council approves Knight Township annexation : Local News : Evansville Courier Press (scroll to the end)

and

TriStateHomepage.com - Mayor Asks Council to Support the Queen (including a video)

14 WFIE, The Tri-State's News Leader: Weinzapfel wants to save the Delta Queen

Carmen

Comment

a new resolution: New Richmond, OH

Increasing the count: just received a new resolution to save the Delta Queen from New Richmond, Ohio. (see attachment)

Thanks, New Richmond!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Franz & Carmen -- New Richmond and Evansville have been added to the resolution list (my 12-04-07 post above).

Dave V.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                      Working...
                      X