No announcement yet.

Save the DELTA QUEEN Video available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DITTO for me Jonathan! Beautifully done, thanks & BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Posting on John Hartford Website

Marcy Cochran, Co-Producer, The Life and Music of John Hartford posted the following on the L&M website:

http://twangcentral.org/index.php/news/category/blog/
      Last edited by Shipyard Sam; 11-06-2007, 02:39 PM. Reason: TaTah....

Comment

It's great to see that the word is spreading.

Originally posted by Shipyard Sam View Post
        Marcy Cochran, Co-Producer, The Life and Music of John Hartford posted the following on the L&M website:

http://twangcentral.org/index.php/news/category/blog/

Comment

Here is some more news regarding distribution:

As of right now, it will cost me between $4 and $5 to produce each DVD. As I'm sure you all can understand, a college student is somewhat lacking in funds. I've already had a pledge from one donor for $100, which will go towards producing 20-25 discs.

Therefore, I must make a humble call for more sponsors. Naturally, your name will go into the credits of the video for your contribution.

I hope to have exact figures for producing these discs in the next day or two.

Thanks so much for all the interest and support. Great to know the world is becoming aware of our campaign!

Comment

Jon, How can we get a check to you to get more DVDs out there. And for those of us with PCs that are candidates for hospice and dial-up, how can we get a copy of the DVD for our libraries?

Comment

Jon, ditto from this corner about receiving a copy of the DVD compatable to my ole computer. Where do ya want the check sent?
              Marian Nusekabel

Comment

A genuinely outstanding piece of work, Jon - sign me up as a sponsor! How can I get a contribution to you?

Comment

DVD support

Jon, ditto from this corner about receiving a copy of the DVD compatable to my ole computer. Where do ya want the check sent?
                  Marian Nusekabel

Comment

To all who want a copy of the DVD or to sponsor their production:

Please send a letter with your name, DVD request, payment and shipping address to:

Save the DELTA QUEEN!
                    c/o Jonathan Tschiggfrie
                    2723 Shetland Court
                    Dubuque, IA 52001

We'll begin making and mailing DVDs as soon as we have enough funding from sponsors.

Thanks!

Comment

We'd like to have contributions to the video in as soon as possible so we can begin making the DVDs. We're setting an end date of Wednesday, November 14 as a deadline for sponsorship. I'd appreciate anyone thinking of doing so to contact me ASAP so that we can get the DVDs going and mailed out!

Thanks again for everyone's continued interest. I've gotten no fewer than 40 emails about the video!

Comment

My travails with computers and dialup are well-documented, so I obviously wanted a copy of the DVD for myself to view all at once, not in 2 second segments. So I sent Capt. Jonathan a check for one for me and for a couple of extras to be sent to the Cause. I'm glad so many people have emailed a desire to buy the DVD and help out, but if some are like me, if I don't do it when I'm thinking about it, it goes to the black hole of my senior mind. So here's a friendly reminder that if you do want a DVD, please send Jonathan a check soon so that he can begin production. (Not only is Jonathan a college student, but his parents are retired teachers, so I'm sure cash in hand before committing to the production would be appreciated.)

Comment

To all our friends and supporters of the DELTA QUEEN: Please take special note of Jazzou Jones' announcement on the Rivertalk and Cruises Forum regarding his "A Ragtime Trilogy" book featuring three original ragtime pieces arranged for piano! Jazzou has very generously designated $1 from every sale to go towards the production and mailing costs of Jonathan's Save the Delta Queen DVD. So please, help us get the word out, while you also enjoy this very special book from a legendary Delta Queen performer!

Comment

Update for our Save the DQ contributors: The latest report on the "Save the Delta Queen" DVD production: we have enough contributions as of this afternoon to allow us to make and distribute 40 copies of the program to our "target" audience, which also includes copies for those who requested them with their letter of support. Jonathan is going to make the final updates in the credits on the film this Thursday and burn the master copy for duplication. If you are still interested in helping support this project, there are two days remaining to contact us at the address Jonathan posted on this strand a few days ago. We'd like to reach as wide an audience as we can in getting out the truth about the boat, and still need any assistance you are willing to provide. Thank you for your help!

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                            Working...
                            X