Giersdorf's Gone, Or He Will Be Soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giersdorf's Gone, Or He Will Be Soon!

Ambassadors International announced on 25 October 2007 that David Giersdorf will be leaving as MAL's Prez. I along with others, right Professor, are not the least bit surprised about his upcoming departure. I am surprised though that Ambassadors International has kept him this long. Perhaps, now having a lame duck president explains why MAL has had a seeming change of heart when it comes to the DELTA QUEEN. Joe Ueberroth becomes interim president right away, and Giersdorf has until the end of the year to clean out his desk.

In the press release posted on Ambassadors International website it does not list any other names to get the ax, but it does say that Capt. Nicco Corbijn will be promoted to Executive Vice President, and he will also be in charge of hotel operations. So if I'm not reading too much inbetween the lines other heads are rolling too.
    Last edited by Frank X. Prudent; 10-26-2007, 01:03 AM.

HereĀ“s a link to the press release

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....ar&id=1068163&

Carmen

Comment

Ok, between this news and the stuff a few days ago that Majestic has overnight gotten religious, seemingly to be now fully SUPPORTING the exemption with guns ablazing, unlike the very cold "encouragement" they gave to dot.org to get the exemption two months ago...

Good stuff, huh?

Does anybody know if Giersdorf ever rode the DQ?

Comment

Oh, yeah! (delivered with the inflection of Lightning McQueen in the movie "Cars").

Well, Frank, I may have blown my call on AMIE's reaction to the Chabot bill, but we nailed it on Giersdorf (electronic high five here). That emboldens me to offer this interpretation: Giersdorf's departure at this moment suggests that he was the guy at AMIE pushing the "let Congress and the union shut her down for us" strategy, which is now somewhat embarrassingly out of synch with reality. He was already achieving poor results; the DQ's apparent political resurrection (and consequent need for MAL to change strategies again) was the last straw. His departure is very encouraging -- Joe U. may be more like his Dad than I thought. Over the next few months, we'll see.

Dave V.

Comment

News on ModernAgent:

http://www.modernagent.com/Resources...l.aspx?n=31925

Carmen

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
          Working...
          X