No announcement yet.

Continuing the Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not trying to be snotty, but not all LIBERALS are pro-union, especially liberals growing up in Pittsburgh in the 60's and 70's...I'm liberial, proud of it, but I'll admit that I lean a bit toward the middle as I age. Even as a democrat <SHUDDER and GASP!>, I can very clearly see the joke, the sadness, the embarrassment, the mistruths in all this mess...I suspect that there are quite a few right wing nut jobs also that are blind to the truth...and please notice ======> :-) And, I have stated in print, publically, that I, as a democrat, believe these two men (whom I am supposed to trust because of their party affliation) are responsible for caving to a union. They are an EMBARRASSMENT to me...

I also suspect that some of the Representatives SUPPORTING this cause are, in themselves, liberals...so I think we gotta be careful how we say things here...

But then again I'm anti-union and pro-nuclear power, so go figure...

The sad thing about this mess, beyond the puppeteering of the Delta Queen's fate, is that the working of our government is so disallusioning, so mind numbing in its disfunction...like bursting a balloon...
    Last edited by Bruno Krause; 02-28-2008, 10:04 PM.

Comment

MORE GREAT NEWS!!! The battle continues! We've added another co-sponsor to HR #3852. John Boozman from Arkansas has been added! WAY TO GO ARKANSAS!!!!

Comment

One more, add Doolittle from California! His office just called me to tell me that he added his name to the co-sponsors list yesterday. I mentioned to his office our hopes to bypass the transportation committee, and they were aware of it!
        Go Go Go Go!!!!
        And THANK YOU John Doolittle!!
        Steamcerely,
        David Dewey

Comment

WOW!!!!!! The fight really does continue! WAY TO GO DAVID!!!!! Two SAVE THE DELTA QUEEN buttons for you!!!! Job well done!

Comment

Folks, the fat lady has not sung yet. WE'VE JUST ADDED ANOTHER CO-SPONSOR! Way to go Mississippi. We've just added Charles W. "Chip" Pickering! Don't give up the ship. Keep calling those Representatives, asking them to co-sponsor Bill HR 3852. Representative Steve Chabot's office number is 202-225-2216. Keep those phone lines, fax lines and email lines HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!!

Comment

No committment from my Congressman, but at least he knows the details:

"April 30, 2008

Dear Paul :

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about H.R.3852, a bill to authorize an exemption for the Steamer Delta Queen from the Safety at Sea Law. I appreciate hearing your comments on this matter.

The 81-year old Delta Queen has served as a tourist attraction on various rivers for many years. It regularly takes passengers on trips, some lasting as much as seven days from Memphis , Tennessee to New Orleans or up the Mississippi to St. Paul , Minnesota . The Delta Queen is not only a symbol of a bygone era, it is extremely important for the economic well being of cities along the Mississippi and Ohio rivers.

As you may know, H.R. 3852 would exempt the Delta Queen from the requirement that certain vessels operating within the Boundary Line be constructed of fire-retardent materials. Currently, H.R. 3852 has been referred to the Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation. Should this bill come to the floor for a vote, I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. If I could be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

C

John Carter

Member of Congress "

Comment

WHOOPEE!!!! Believe it or not we've just added another co-sponsor to HR Bill # 3852. Mr. Darrell E. Issa of California has stepped up the plate on the issue. GREAT JOB!!!

Comment

Mr Issa has a lot of power as a successful business man. He has also stood behind many important, and often controversial issues in the state of California. I would like to think he would be a great "running mate" of Mr Specter and our cause.
                  Mr Issa also has a good relationship with Roger Hedgecock, a former mayor of San Diego and local radio talk show host ( He will often fill in for Rush Limbaugh). Mr. Hedgecock just loves fighting on issues such as these...

http://www.rogerhedgecock.com/main.html

I will focus on advancing the support from these two indivduals, with the hope they can convince Ms Pelosi to join in on the west coast band wagon. After all the DQ grew up out here.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                  Working...
                  X