Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Ratzenberger's "Made in America"

message removed.................

Another idea: Try to get the Travel Channel's directors to have Smantha Brown do a trip on the DQ and then a plug or her exemption. Both she and the DQ are very popular and attractive.

Comment

I received a very sympatheric reply from Congressman Ed Whitfield of Kentucky yesterday regarding an exemption for the Delta Queen. He feels that the Safety at Sea Law does not at all apply to a rivergoing vessel with an excellent safety record. He will do what he can to see that the exemption is granted.

Comment

I received the same kind of reply from Congressman Ellsworth of the 8th District in Indiana, who represents Evansville. But I got a negative reply from Congressman Baron Hill, Democrat, who feels that Mr. Oberstar is right in not supporting the exemption (for safety reasons was the excuse I was given). Mr. Hill represents the Jeffersonville and Madison, Indiana areas where the DELTA QUEEN pumps revenue on her many stops in the Madison and Louisville area. I'm embarassed to say he is my representative and I'm doing everything I can to change his mind. So any of you folks who live in Indiana and in particular the 9th district, please call or write Baron Hill's office and let him know he is WRONG to support Congressman Oberstar and his twisted ideas of how many "hundreds" of people could be harmed!

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X