Hotel Question in Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel Question in Memphis

I was just checking our reservations in Memphis...We will be staying at the Holiday Inn the night before we board the DQ. (Its on Democrat Rd.) How far is this from where we will board in Memphis? Do the Hotels have shuttle service to the Dock? Or is a cab our best bet?

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

If that's the Holiday Inn out near the airport, you should expect a $25 or so ride to the beat, depending or where she's docked - which could be Mud Island or the state park a couple of miles up river. It's a function of how high the river is.

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul...I would expect then you really don't know what dock the boat will be at untill the day of your cruise....I hope the cab drivers would know. :)
      Last summer my friend and I took a day ride on the Caldwell Belle on the Locks in upstate NY. We were the first ride of the season as the river was to high to go under bridges.
      Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by sandy mccluskey View Post
        Thanks Paul...I would expect then you really don't know what dock the boat will be at untill the day of your cruise....I hope the cab drivers would know. :)
        Last summer my friend and I took a day ride on the Caldwell Belle on the Locks in upstate NY. We were the first ride of the season as the river was to high to go under bridges.
        Sandy
        Actually, they have to go over the same bridge near the pyramid to get to either docking area. As you go over the bridge, look to your left. If you see a big white thing with a paddlewheel on the back, have the driver go to the Mud Island facility.

Otherwise the driver should continue to the traffic circle and head right. The boat should be in view on your left after about 30 seconds, tied up at the boat ramp of that state park (I forget the name of the park).

Enjoy

Paul

Comment

Greenbelt Park...It is a city park, not state
          Jim Davis

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
          Working...
          X