Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russ Ryle
    replied
    Update: Ferry barge reported mated to its tug at Louisville. Some cosmetic damage to the barge being fixed. Will arrive soon (today, Saturday?) at Rising Sun. Construction yet to be completed (started?) on the Kentucky landing site off of Lower River Road. First trip now set for late July.

Leave a comment:

• Russ Ryle
    replied
    Actually the ferry will operate from Belleview Lane above town not out of Rising Sun itself. My guess is its Kentucky landing will be over around Macville near the site of old lock and dam 38? Can someone else provide more information?

Does anyone know where they got the boat?

Keep your steam up!

Russ Ryle

Leave a comment:

• Shipyard Sam
    replied
    The Rising Sun - Rabbit Hash Ferry is looking for a licensed 100-ton Master to operate the new ferry. Contact Human Resources at 1-800-472-6311.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Reising
    replied
    Bill, I believe there is a fantastic opportunity for young men and women in the passenger/excursion boat business. I think there is/will be a shortage of licensed operators who specialize in passenger boats. There are plenty of good towboat personnel out there, but towboat and passenger boat people are mostly horses of different colors. I know of no other occupation where with just three years of training a person can make the kind of money that passenger boats pay; it sure beats most college degrees AND no student loans to pay off!
    I tried to get my grandson headed in that direction, but, like most of my advise, it was ignored, a girlfriend ....'nuf sed.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Judd
    started a topic Master/pilot needed

Master/pilot needed

BB Riverboats is looking for 1600 or unlimited Masters for Motor passenger vessels. Not many left but I thought maybe some lurkers on here might be interested. Contact BB Riverboats in Newport, Ky. Great place to work and first class vessels.
ADVERTISEMENT
Working...
X