No announcement yet.

*MOR/S&D on AMERICAN QUEEN/ACL. 'Luxury market.'*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.............................................

Comment

Jim, I'm not so sure I agree with you on this. While working on the AQ last year, many were enjoying the scenery, reading books, etc. Some were inside playing backgammon, doing picture puzzles. Though I do think it would be a mistake to not have wi-fi, I think many still appreciate river cruising both for what it is and what it isn't. I had daily conversations with several people from both the US and abroad who were getting into the steamboat thing as we knwo it quite nicely.

Comment

Bob, cell phones are a pet peeve of mine. I hate going to restaurant and sitting next to someone who thinks their phone conversation is more important than my relaxing dinner, or sitting in church and hearing someones phone ring. And who hasn't missed a green light because some jackass is texting on his phone? Many times it seems that "Candy Crunch" is much more important than holding a good conversation.
        I might be overly sensitive on this issue.

Comment

I'm with you on this, Jim. However, cell phones are here to stay and do give us a way to stay connected that we have become used to. However, I will say that I did not see much cell phone use at all on the AQ, at least among the passengers. ;-)

Comment

Bob....that might be because they are a more sophisticated, educated crowd.

Comment

Honestly, I think that the average AQ passenger is just older!

Comment

Count me as "Very Few" as that's one thing I really liked onboard the DQ--the outside world didn't exist, except what we could see from the decks. I remember we pulled into some town and someone brought a newspaper onboard, I glanced at the front page and said, "Looks like the world's still out there!" and didn't bother reading anything in it--oddly, not even the funnies, which I usually read first!

Comment

*What happened to this thread/messages?*
                  Steamboating colleagues:
                  Apparently something happenened above with posted messages on this thread--again. I looked today but saw all of the previous above messages have disappeared. There is mention that Frank Prudent and David Dewey posted but...POOF!...Zilch...Nothing. Must be a technical thing. Cheers!

R. Dale Flick
                  Old Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.

Comment

Dale, this does happen from time to time on here. Switch to "linear mode" and you can see everything, though the display is a little bit different.

Comment

Dale,

This happens time by time but we don´t know what´s the reason. When you are logged in you can see all posts. They are still here but you can´t see them when you´re not logged in.

Carmen

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                      Working...
                      X