Centennial Festival of Riverboats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centennial Festival of Riverboats

I just can't put my thoughts into words I'm so excited! The majority of the boats have already arrived! Please use this thread to post pictures of the party for me and the other .orgers! I have been waiting for so long, it's great when plans, especially like this, start to unfold. Tomorrow is the big day, and I'd like everyone to share stories and pictures.
    Happy Travels,
    ML

October 18th

On Saturday I rode the Spirit of Peoria for a sightseeing cruise at 9:30 am. Being the first time I saw her, the cruise was breathtaking. As we headed upstream, we saw the American Queen, which gave us a whistle salute on our way back to the Wharf. The Belle of Louisville was close behind us most of the trip, and all the other boats were also following us and the BELLE. The crew on the SPIRIT OF PEORIA were just downright friendly, and the boat was amazing. After getting off, it seemed like I had taken a million pictures, which I will share later. Afterwards, we ate a delicious lunch at Joe's Crab Shack, listened to a nice Calliope Concert by the BELLE OF LOUISVILLE, and then headed for Cox Park. There, we took a tour of the AMERICAN QUEEN, with Jerry Hay as our guide. He had previously contacted me about my blog, and later we met up for a tour on the AQ. Being the first time on the boat, it took a while to soak it all in. It was BEAUTIFUL. I and my family planned to take a tour of the W.P SNYDER JR, but after the tour of the AQ, and with a long trip home on Sunday, we passed... we were satisfied with our tour of the other boat... being the AQ.
    Happy Travels,
    ML

Comment

Centennial Fest of Riverboats.

My family's blog post on the Festival of Riverboats with pictures at the end.
      RiverInformer.com.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
      Working...
      X