A new webcam at L&D 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new webcam at L&D 15

Just in time for the AMERICAN QUEEN UMR trips: the Corps has put up this camera for motorists to see when the swing span is open, because our main bridge, the Centennial, is closed to vehicles until Sept 6. Major I-beam repairs are being made. This is going to add a lot of traffic to the Government (Arsenal) Bridge.
    River Cam (Locks and Dam 15)

AMERICAN QUEEN on camera

The AQ is scheduled to pass through here later today, approximate ETA at L&D 15 of 5:30 PM.

Comment

There She Is!

The American Queen is there! She is so beautiful, catch the webcam while you can!

Comment

And she's up in the Rock Island Rapids now...

She finished locking a little before 6 and is continuing on toward Dubuque. I'd love to have seen her on the webcam, but I was there, probably not quite in the picture. If you saw a big pink and orange blob moving around on the screen, that was me. Even though I hadn't baked any cookies this time, the lock man let me out there, and since the Visitors Center had closed, he let several other people in the area too. One big difference about this lock area vs. the others is that we've all cleared security just getting onto Arsenal Island, while the other locks have no way of identifying the spectators.
        The other overnight boat is enroute, don't know her schedule, but I think she's coming through late tonight.
        The AQ will be downbound next Wednesday. Tune in late afternoon for another showing!

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X