Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank X. Prudent
    replied
    My sincerest sympathy to Suzanne and the rest of the Martinez family. May God bless.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Norrington
    replied
    The staff of the Howard Steamboat Museum and I extend our heartfelt condolences to Suzanne and her family during this sad time. It was always a pleasure when Richard and Suzanne could coordinate their trips between Florida and Illinois to attend our "River Ramblings" programs and other events at the HSM. I'll always remember Richard's kindness, big smile and friendly handshake as he greatly enjoyed being with steamboat people.

A long and two shorts of the whistle in Richard's memory as we mourn the loss of another treasured member of the river family.

Leave a comment:

• R. Dale Flick
    replied
    *RE: Richard Martinez/TWILIGHT picture*
    Hi, Judy and Steamboat colleagues:
    Many thanks, Judy, for the sad news about Richard. I'd never met/known either but read Suzanne's frequent postings here. Your above artistic TWLIGHT photo a real classic for sure and much appreciated being, as you write, "...quite appropriate." Is is just me or are we all experiencing more and more 'passages' of river friends and acquaintances of late? Deepest sympathy to Suzanne, the family and all on here who knew them. We're also living day by day here with terminal family illness with my father-in-law.

R. Dale Flick
    Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati

Leave a comment:

• Judy Patsch
    started a topic Richard Martinez

Richard Martinez

Suzanne called me this morning with the sad news that Richard had suffered a fatal heart attack during the night at the rehab facility. While Richard had multiple health challenges, he was doing quite well in rehab, so this is indeed a shock to Suzanne and their families. There will be a celebration of life service next Friday in Tavares Florida at 2 PM. Richard certainly celebrated life to the fullest extent, with the loving assistance of Suzanne, up and down the rivers on the QUEENS, TWILIGHT, SPIRIT OF PEORIA, NATCHEZ, BELLE and dozens of other small boats they found in their travels around the country. If anyone would like Suzanne's home address, please email me: wzc8491@aol.com. Our river fraternity has lost another good friend, but we are richer for having known Richard, and send our thoughts to Suzanne at this difficult time.

For those of you who have a 2014 TWILIGHT calendar, May's picture is one of mine. Check it closely, and there are Richard and Suzanne on the gangplank - quite appropriate!
    Attached Files
ADVERTISEMENT
Working...
X