X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philadelphia Belle update

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...url=&imc=pg-fs

In Moline

Those photos were taken in Moline at Schadlers' landing, upstream from their CELEBRATION BELLE. They had purchased her after gambling and converted her into the dining boat for Philly. When that operation went belly up in less than a year, Schadlers went over and brought her back to Moline.

Comment

This boat is not in Philly? I am looking for a boat for Charleston WV. The Denny is smaller than what we want to look into. The city has already showed interest in the project we want to bring to town.

Comment

Nope...

Nope, she's tied up here in Moline at mile 486 UMR at Schadlers' compound. They did the conversion from the gambling to the dinner boat PB and reclaimed her when she quit running in Philly. So you'd have 486 miles and 12 locks on the Mississippi before you'd make a left at Cairo and head up the Ohio and Kanawha. I'm sure she's in great shape, Schadlers do a good job and have flipped several boats. After their work, she was taken to NOLA where an elevator was added in a Harvey Canal shipyard, so she's accessible too.

Comment

I read on Facebook that the current owner of the JULIA BELLE SWAIN, Mr. Kalhagen, is seriously looking to sell, that may be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Price View Post
            This boat is not in Philly? I am looking for a boat for Charleston WV. The Denny is smaller than what we want to look into. The city has already showed interest in the project we want to bring to town.
            The QUEEN OF SEATTLE (ex ALASKA QUEEN. and ELIZABETH LOUISE) is for sale on E-Bay, and her engines have a history on the K'noy River. Why not return them home?

Comment

Hey Frank, - Daydream for today: I've got the original Ward plans plus a whole pile of photos of the Cop-R-Loy/Detroiter from whence the Queen of Seattle's engines came. She was a very basic little towboat - single deck with pilothouse on the roof. A handsome little boat despite her small size. Now what we need is for a gazillionaire to buy the Queen of Seattle, take off the engines and re-create the Cop-R-Loy.

Comment

John,
                The Cop-R-Loy/Detroiter's hull still exists today, stripped down as a deck barge, owned by Amherst/Madison Coal. So that makes it even easier to recreate the Detroiter... But the Elizabeth Louis/Alaska Queen/Queen of Seattle is a nice boat as well!

Comment

Does anyone have Mr. Kalhagen's contact information regarding the JBS? I'll be meeting with my business consultant next week anyway and I want to run this by him. If Kalhagen is a willing seller, I'm going to try to be a willing buyer. No guarantees in this economy, of course, but it's worth the effort. If you do have his contact information, please send me a PM.

Comment

Done!

Check your private messages.

Comment

Thanks Judy!

Much appreciated. This is helpful information.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                      Working...
                      X