Queen Of The Mississippi in St. Paul, MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen Of The Mississippi in St. Paul, MN

The Queen of The Mississippi made it to St. Paul MN for the first time last night giving us here in the frozen north our first official look at her. Here is my take of the Queen of The Mississippi. She is actually bigger than I expected but in an awkward manner. The boat looks as if it got punched in the face with a very smashed together bow. She looks almost "top heavy" with very odd streamlines or lack thereof. The smoke stacks are laughable making me wonder why they even wasted the time to add them? After seeing how grey and dirty her stern is due to the exhaust vents poorly chosen location, they would have did themselves a favor by actually designing her exhaust in a more traditional manner utilizing real stacks. All in all while it's nice to see another option for Mississippi river excursions it was amazing how little regard for steam boating history went into the actual design of the Queen of The Mississippi. The Queen of The Mississippi's exterior is flat out blah and boring.

One more note.....she was scheduled to depart St. Paul at 1:30 p.m. and as of 6 p.m. locally she is still here in St. Paul. When I asked I was told that there was no estimated time of departure and that they were currently working to fix her.

Here are a couple of pictures.
    Attached Files

Additional Queen of The Mississippi pictures

A few more pictures.

As of 6:30 p.m. she is still moored at Lamberts Landing in St. Paul and its very quiet with little to no activity viewable to the naked eye. Not sure what the issue is.
    Attached Files

Comment

Queen of The Mississippi disabled in St. Paul, MN

As of 11 p.m. tonight the Queen of The Mississippi is disabled and NOT underway towards her final destination of St. Louis, MO. She was moved from Lambert's Landing in St. Paul, MN across and slightly down river to the docks at the Pier Foundry where I'm just speculating that she will undergo some sort of repair(s). I have no idea what they have done with her passengers and have no idea as to any kind of a timeframe for the repairs or eventual departure.

Stay tuned..........................

Comment

Keep us all informed of the QotM's travails. If she gets away sometime this week, she should pass the AQ as she heads south and the AQ north.

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X