Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will anyone buy a 30ft stern wheel boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will anyone buy a 30ft stern wheel boat?

Hi every one, I have been puting together Auto Cad drawings of Harry Sucher Stern-Wheeled River Scow from his book Simplified Boatbuilding the flat-bottom boat.
    I now have the first stage of this project completed and can start building the hull starting in 2012. Once completed and have tested with sea trials I can offer plans, hulls, or complte boats.
    The motor i will be installing is a Perkins 403C-11, 28.2bhp
    Here are a few pictures...
    So the big question is would anyone buy one or build one? any info would help good or bad...
    thanks ken wadsworth
    Attached Files

Hey Ken,

Nice looking drawings. Reminds me of the little 30 footer I had half built and ended cutting up for scrap. What do you suppose this little gem would cost complete. I'm sure others here are curious as well. Chain drive or hydraulics to the wheel? Thanks for sharing and I hope you post more pictures as you progress with your prototype.

Aaron

Comment

Under $30K

We are trying to build for a cost of under $30K, 3/16" steel plate hull with 1/4 angle iron 2" x 3" frames and wood upper like from Home-depo so someone could build at there own pace. Its is chain drive with a trans.
      thanks ken

Comment

Hull frame and house pictures

here we have how the hull is framed and the house.
        thanks. ken
        Attached Files

Comment

I would like it if a group would set up as a timeshare. I want to cruise the intercoastal but not on a year round basis.

Comment

Any updates?

I know, old thread... Any updates? Got a plans-package? What about wooden hull plans?

Later,
            Jeff F.
            cedar Creek, Texas

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
            Working...
            X