Just A Few More River Pictures !

Greetings From New Orleans ,
        Just a few more River Pictures !
        Smooth Sailing !
        Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Ted Davisson View Post
        Just A Few More River Pictures !
        The first picture is of the Moran , harbor tug , St. James , which Fred Carmichael is Chief Engineer on !
        Smooth Sailing !
        Ted Davisson
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the pictures, as always. Sigh--I sure do miss this!

Comment

Thanks , Mary !

Greetings From The Sunny But Cold & Windy South !
            Thanks , Mary ! You really are one in a million ! How does that expression go ? " Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen " !! Your the only LADY I know that not only has a true PASSION for the river and also has the courage and tenacity to climb up a 40' swinging rope ladder in the midddle of the night on a moving ship in the Mississippi River !
            I Salute You !
            Smooth Sailing !
            Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Mary Sward Charlton View Post
            Thanks for the pictures, as always. Sigh--I sure do miss this!
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Ted, I really enjoy your pictures....you've got a real eye for it...keep 'em comin'. Goodness the NATCHEZ is graceful and beautiful.

Comment

Thanks , Jim !

Thanks Jim and it pleases me to know that there are a few people on this web site that enjoy seeing the pictures as much as I enjoy taking them !
                I honestly regret that there are not more " Steamboat " worthy pictures to post but lets face it , how many times and at how many different angles of the Str. Natchez can be taken and then posted !
                I agree that the Str. Natchez is a beautiful boat and I honestly wonder if there has ever been or for that matter ever will be a steamboat as attractive as the Natchez ! They certainly did it right when they designed and built the Natchez !!
                Smooth Sailling !
                Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Jim Reising View Post
                Thanks, Ted, I really enjoy your pictures....you've got a real eye for it...keep 'em comin'. Goodness the NATCHEZ is graceful and beautiful.
                Attached Files

Comment

Capt Ted, please, NEVER stop posting your pictures. They're the nuts, and it's a sincere pleasure for me, damn, I enjoy 'em...I now know what the youngster from Florida sees in you...We gotta meet my friend, beers on me.

Me and the much sexier half will be down in NOLA in April, we'll talk...

Comment

Thanks , Bruno !

Thanks , Bruno ! Its gratifying to know that some on this site enjoy the pictures as mucch as I do !
                    When you down in the New Orleans area in April , please feel free to give me a call and if your schedule allows I would be honored to have you come take a ride on a ship with me ! You will see the river from an entirely different perspective and get a first hand idea of the many different and varied challenges we deal with on the river between New Orleans and Baton Rouge !
                    Looking forward to hearing from you !
                    Smooth Sailing !
                    Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Bruno Krause View Post
                    Capt Ted, please, NEVER stop posting your pictures. They're the nuts, and it's a sincere pleasure for me, damn, I enjoy 'em...I now know what the youngster from Florida sees in you...We gotta meet my friend, beers on me.

Me and the much sexier half will be down in NOLA in April, we'll talk...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey Ted,
                      In the first picture of the NATCHES, it looks like her starboard stack is leaning a couple degrees to the starboard. What do you yhink?
                      ~ frank~

Comment

How funny. I was also thinking the stack was leaning a bit.

Comment

NATCHEZ stack

It isn't.
                          25 characters needed,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

*Question on NOLA tidal fluctuations*
                            Hi, Ted & steamboating colleagues:
                            Fascinating pictures...clear...lots of color, atmosphere and life. The NATCHEZ indeed beautiful and the shot of the cruise ship awesome. *A humble question on my part as I just don't know or recall any discussion here. Is there a tidal fluctuation on the Mississippi at New Orleans and how much? I 'think' there is on the Hudson River, being a near estuary on a bay going some miles up stream. Just a question. Well, what do I know?

R. Dale Flick
                            Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.

Comment

No Tide To Speak Of !

Dale ,
                              There is no tidal action to speak of on the Mississippi River . Now having said that , there is some tidal action in the surrounding low lying marshes and swamps that do surround the city . Generally speaking , the average tidal range is from literally a few inches to a few feet . In fact , the best inside fresh water fishing is on live bait ( usually shrimp or minnow ) on a falling tide because it is believed that the fish are more active and hungry in a flowing water enviroment . Go Figure !
                              Smooth Sailing !
                              Ted Davisson

Originally posted by R. Dale Flick View Post
                              *Question on NOLA tidal fluctuations*
                              Hi, Ted & steamboating colleagues:
                              Fascinating pictures...clear...lots of color, atmosphere and life. The NATCHEZ indeed beautiful and the shot of the cruise ship awesome. *A humble question on my part as I just don't know or recall any discussion here. Is there a tidal fluctuation on the Mississippi at New Orleans and how much? I 'think' there is on the Hudson River, being a near estuary on a bay going some miles up stream. Just a question. Well, what do I know?

R. Dale Flick
                              Coal Haven Landing, Ohio River, Cincinnati.
                              Attached Files

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
                              Working...
                              X