American Queen Rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Queen Rumor

Travel Weekly reports that MARAD may be selliing the Grand American Queen. Please scroll down to the third paragraph.

It's happy hour somewhere | Travel Weekly

Suzanne,

This is most interesting information. This rumor has been on the sternline telegraph for the last couple of weeks. Something about some group purchasing her and the EMPRESS OF THE NORTH to augment their purchases from Cruise West. Jeffrey Krida's name has been linked to this...but, he is retired and has denied any involvement in it.

Will be interesting to see who and what comes of it. The Mississippi could be very crowded in the future with passenger boats. Lets just hope there is enough business for everyone!

Travis

Comment

Wow, the rumors are flyin' faster than a runaway paddlewheel. That was a metaphor. Please don't waste bandwidth telling me there's no such thing and why.

It's a bit dizzying and daunting to think that we could go from no boats to possibly four boats and three companies. The Empress was built to handle the Inside Passage in Alaska and western Canada and while she's beautiful I'm not sure she's built for the Mississippi. Besides, small boat cruising in Alaska has been under served since her "retirement" (Thanks again MAL).

But just in case anyone cares, I'm ready to return to the river.

Paul

Comment

But there is such a thing. Try running a paddlewheel when it's not in the water. !!!

Comment

Please keep me posted on any future info. I'd sure like to get the photo concession.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexie Palmore View Post
            But there is such a thing. Try running a paddlewheel when it's not in the water. !!!
            Couldn't resist, could you? :O)

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
            Working...
            X