Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-building The Huey P. Long Bridge

Greetings From New Orleans ,
    The re-building or widening of the Huey P. Long Bridge , an estimated $800 million dollar project , has entered into a new phase by the addition of the first steel girder frame work to the existing down river side of the bridge .
    In my opinion , this is nothing other than an engineering marvel to witness this project and the amount of time , money , effort , man power and skill to complete this task ! What makes this task even more daunting is the simple fact that it is being done in both a marine traffic and civilian auto traffic environment as well .
    My description and pictures do not give justice to the enormity of this project and I am always amazed by each and every phase that has come about and then completed .
    Its the foresight and ability of this project and many others like it that have built this country to what it is today ! This project is certainly worthy of the History Channel's , " Modern Marvel " program and I just hope that it is being documented by some one or some organization !
    Smooth Sailing !
    Ted Davisson
    Attached Files

More HPL Pictures !

Just a few more Huey P. Long Bridge pictures .
    Smooth Sailing !
    Ted Davisson
    Attached Files

Comment

Let us know if one of those documentary programs is filming this project.

Comment

More HPL Pictures

Just a few more pictures of the Re-building of the HPL Bridge .
        In these shots the steel girder frame work has been hoisted up off of its pontoons and at the time I passed under the bridge I could hear this frame work being rivited and welded into position . This really is a pretty impressive operation and I sincerely do hope that it is being documented for all to witness !
        Smooth Sailing !
        Ted Davisson

Originally posted by Ted Davisson View Post
        The re-building or widening of the Huey P. Long Bridge , an estimated $800 million dollar project , has entered into a new phase by the addition of the first steel girder frame work to the existing down river side of the bridge .
        In my opinion , this is nothing other than an engineering marvel to witness this project and the amount of time , money , effort , man power and skill to complete this task ! What makes this task even more daunting is the simple fact that it is being done in both a marine traffic and civilian auto traffic environment as well .
        My description and pictures do not give justice to the enormity of this project and I am always amazed by each and every phase that has come about and then completed .
        Its the foresight and ability of this project and many others like it that have built this country to what it is today ! This project is certainly worthy of the History Channel's , " Modern Marvel " program and I just hope that it is being documented by some one or some organization !
        Smooth Sailing !
        Ted Davisson
        Attached Files

Comment

ADVERTISEMENT
        Working...
        X